Chapter 2: Backwards Day

Alex walks down the street, letting the fresh air fill her lungs after being stuck in the hospital for two weeks. As she does she spots Jules leaving her house and she smiles. She stands out front and notices Sam leaving as well. "Not that I don't appreciate a little excitement, but come on, I think we're safe" Sam laughs as he walk out the door and Jules closes it behind him. "You mind if I don't gamble my career on what you think?" Jules snickers as she locks the door. "Unless one of your neighbors works for the SRU, it's not much of a gamble. Now, headquarters, that's another story. I trust you have an entry plan" Sam laughs as Alex takes a step forward. "She probably does. Just don't know how effective it's going to be" Alex states causing Sam and Jules to quickly turn around shocked.

"Alex?" Jules smiles. "Yup, last time I checked" Alex chuckles as Jules runs over and gives her a hug. "Hey you. How are you feeling?" Sam questions. "I feel great" Alex answers as she looks up at him and then back down at Jules seriously. "So, I guess I'm not the only one anymore, huh?" Alex asks. "No. But we promised" Jules warns. "I know. You keep my secret. I keep yours" Alex agrees. "Wait, what are you guys talking about?" Sam asks.

Alex looks up at him and smiles and then looks down at Jules. "You think he can handle it?" Alex asks curiously, and Jules looks up at Sam as she tilts her head to the side, pretending to think about it. "Uhm...Maybe" she smiles. "Handle what?" Sam asks excitedly causing both Alex and Jules to laugh. "I'm dating, Spike. So now that you're dating Jules. You keep our secret, we keep yours" Alex smiles. "No way! You and Scarlatti?" Sam laughs. "Watch it Sam. Remember, I can still kick your ass" Alex snickers. "Woah. Okay" Sam smirks as he raises his hands slightly and takes a step back. "So. When are you coming back to work?" Jules asks, changing the subject. "Well the hospital says it's okay and I've passed my physical. So I was thinking today. You do not realize how boring life is without this job" Alex admits. "Are you sure you're ready? It's only been two weeks" Sam questions. "I'm totally sure. It definitely looked worse than it was. I'll meet you guys there in a bit. Also, keep it a secret" Alex states. "Copy that, Sarge" Sam smiles. "Now, about that entry plan" Alex hears Jules say as she walks away laughing.

Alex walks into Headquarters a half hour later and instantly feels right at home. She looks towards the front desk and notices Sally typing away at her computer. She slowly walks up smiling. "This is Tim Hortons, right?" Alex asks, causing Sally to look up very confused. Her eyes go wide as a grin appears on her face. "Alex!" she shouts as she runs around the desk and wraps her arms around her. "Hey, Sally" Alex laughs. "Oh my gosh. It feels like it's been forever" Sally explains. "I know right! But in reality it's only been two weeks" Alex advises. "Wow....Well you should probably go get ready. Your father, Eddie, and even Wordy haven't shown up yet. But they should be here soon" Sally explains. "Yeah...Sally. It's a secret okay. Don't tell them I'm here" Alex states as she holds her finger up to her lips. Sally nods and Alex walks down the small set of stairs towards the locker room.

"I told her, line dry only. She keeps putting my pants in the dryer" Alex hears Spikes voice complain from the locker room. "Hold up. Your mom still does your laundry?" Lou asks as Alex slowly gets closer to the door. "Hey, she's Italian, okay? Try and stop her" Spike states loudly. Alex walks in quickly with a smile on her face. "Gentlemen" Alex smirks causing both Lou and Spike to look at her quickly with smiles on their faces. "Alex!" they both yell. Lou walks over to her and wraps his arms around her. "I'm glad your back. He hasn't shut up about you" Lou whispers. "I heard that!" Spike snaps as Lou lets go of Alex and Spike walk towards her.

Spike places his hand on Alex's cheek, leaning in and kissing her. "He's telling the truth" Spike then admits, causing Alex to laugh. "I'm glad" Alex smirks as she leans in and kisses Spike sweetly once more. "Damn, have a told you how jealous I am that you're the one who got her?" Lou asks, and Spike and Alex laugh breaking the kiss.  Sam then walks in and smiles. "Alex!" he smirks. "Sam!" she mocks as Spike looks up at him confused. "Gentlemen. Meet Jules's new boyfriend" Alex snickers. "No way! Really?" Lou asks as he walk over to Sam. "I swear, the next woman that comes on this team, is mine!" Lou states.  Alex turns around and looks at Spike. "What?" he smiles. "Nothing" Alex smiles. "Okay" Spikes laughs. Alex then notices the time and sighs. "I have to go" she states quickly as he leans in a kisses her forehead. "Okay" Spike smiles as he lets go of her waist. "See you in a bit" he then says.