Chapter 13: Behind The Blue Line

Alex drives through the busy streets patrolling with Jules in the back and Sam in the passenger seat. "So?" Sam asks raising his eyebrows, causing Alex and Jules to laughs.

"So, what?" Alex then questions curiously.

"You've been busy lately. We invited you out for drinks like how many times this week? Is it Spike? Is he keeping you busy?" Sam smirks and Jules hits him on the arm.

"Sam!" both Alex and Jules say in unison.

"What?" he laughs.

"I'm just curious. Alex is like a little sister to me. I want to make sure she is ok" Sam explains.

"Awe, thanks Sam. You're like a big brother I've never had" Alex smiles.

"Okay, I don't know if that was sarcasm or the truth" Sam states and Alex looks at Jules through the rearview mirror and they both start laughing.

"Hot call! Shots fired, Godwin Coliseum" Winnie's voice then says through their headsets and Alex steps on the gas, turning on her lights and sirens.

"Work calls" Jules sighs, sitting back in her seat.

Alex turns the corner sharply behind a large group of people that have gathered behind the yellow police tape and parkes right in front of the main doors. She jumps out, followed by Sam and Jules as her father's SUV and Wordy's come speeding beside her and parking. Alex then walks towards the officer talking to a man and smiles. "We got it, buddy, thanks" she says and the officer nods and walks off as Greg and Eddie walk towards Alex.

"How you doing?" she asks the man who looked to be a little shaken up.

"I've been better" the man replies as Spike runs over and hands Alex her gun, she smiles and says thanks before he runs back towards the rest of the team.

"You were in there?" she questions as Eddie helps her put the strap for her gun over her shoulder. She then lets it go and it rests at her side.

"Yeah, I'm the, uh, demolitions supervisor" the man explains.

"You get a visual on the shooter?" Eddie then asks looking down at the man and he shakes his head.

"No, but we weren't looking around. We got outta there fast" the man answers.

"You get sense of what direction the shots came from?" Eddie then questions.

"No, place is huge. There's a lot of concrete, echoes. Like I said-" the man begins and Alex cuts him off realizing he was getting frustrated.

"You were getting shot at, you weren't thinking detail" she quickly says and the man looks to the ground shaking his head.

"No, I'm sorry" he sighs.

Greg looks down at the mans hands and notices he is carrying something. "Those the, uh, blueprints to the arena?" Greg questions, making the guy look up at him.

"Yeah" he answers.

"You mind?" Alex asks holding out her hand and the man hands her the large roll of paper.

"Thank you" she smiles and turns to her dad.

"See you in there" he whispers and she nods her head walking with Eddie towards the team trying to ask the man who got shot questions.

"This is a friggin' nightmare!" the man screams as he lays on the stretcher.

"I understand sir-" Spike begins to say but the man cuts him off.

"How long is it gonna take to nail this guy?" he asks aggressively.

"If you can tell us-" Spike continues to try but the man just keeps cutting him off.