Chapter 8: One Wrong Move

Alex wakes up to the sun shining through her window and smiles as she stretches. She slowly gets out of bed and walks into the living room and notices her dad wasn't there. She walks towards the kitchen and spots a note on the counter.

Hey Kiddo,

I went in early with Ed. Don't be late.

Dad.

Alex snickers as she places the note back on the counter, before a knock at the door makes her quickly turn her head and walk towards it confused. When she opens it her smile grows even bigger. "Happy birthday, Beautiful" Spike says with a smirk as he leans against the door frame. "Why thank you" Alex laughs as she lets Spike walk in and closes the door behind him. "So, is your dad-" Spike asks quietly as he slowly turns his head and looks around. "No. He's not" Alex whispers as she walks closer towards Spike, wrapping her arms gently around the back of his neck. "So, what does the birthday girl wanna do?" Spike then whispers as he wraps his arms around her back and brings her closer, closing the gap between them. "Well, I was going to take a shower...If you wanted to join me" Alex states, brushing her lips against Spike's. "I wouldn't miss it" Spike snickers.

Alex could feel Spike's hands slowly move up her back and underneath her shirt, sending shivers down her spine. She lifts her arms up and he slips it off over her head. Spike then moves her hair away from her neck and leans in slowly. "I was told not to be late" Alex says quietly and Spike pauses right beside her ear. "No promises" he whispers and then kisses just underneath her ear, causing Alex to lean her head back and sigh. He slowly begins to move down towards her neck and she wraps her arms back around his neck.

***

Spike and Alex arrive at the station and see Jules standing by herself and looking down at her phone near the locker rooms. "Hey you!" Alex says loudly, causing Jules to jump scared and turn around. "Not funny, Alex!" she yells and playfully hits her arm. "Ow!" Alex whines sarcastically and then notices Jules looking at her with wide eyes and a smile on her face. "What?" Alex questions scared. "Nothing" Jules snickers and shakes her head.

Alex was about to ask her something but Jules quickly turns to Spike. "So, have you heard anything about Lou? How was his trip?" she asks. "Let me just say, that he is a great dancer" Spike laughs. "No way, our Lou?" Jules questions shocked. "I know, eh? But put him on the dance floor, you'd think he-" Spike begins to say but then he looks up and behind the girls. "Hey, happy feet!" he shouts causing Jules and Alex to turn around to see Lou, Wordy, and Sam walking through the doors. "Hey, what's up?" Lou cheers.

Alex walks towards him and he throws one of his arms over her shoulder pulling her close. "You got the pictures?" Spike asks excitedly. "Yeah" Lou says holding them up. Spike then quickly grabs them and walks quickly in front with Jules as they look at them. "Jamaica!" Wordy shouts. "A hundred and ten degrees in the shade. Check out our man here, he got a bit of a tan" Spike then explains and everyone laughs.

Lou then takes his arm off of Alex and runs towards Spike quickly. "Is this guy fast-forwarding to Bridget?" he asks curiously as he takes the photos from Spike. "Who's Bridget?" Alex questions quietly and Lou turns the photo around to show the group. "She's hot!" Sam gasps as they all look at the beautiful girl with long brown hair and blue eyes. "I haven't seen her since high school" Spike admits as they all continue to walk down the hall. "And then I don't see this guy for three days" Lou laughs as he pats Spike on the back. "Oh, really?" Alex asks sarcastically. "Destiny speaks, I don't ask questions" Lou then states as the group splits up and heads into the locker rooms.

Once Alex was done changing and ready, she walks out towards the front desk and sees her father standing there as Winnie sits behind it on the computer. "Hey" Alex says as she leans against the ledge of the tall desk. "Hey, birthday girl" Greg cheers as he wraps his arms around Alex and kisses her on the cheek. "There she is!" Eddie's voice then says excitedly as he walks towards them. "Happy Birthday" Winnie smiles. "Thank you" Alex smiles back.