Chapter 10: Custody

Alex grabs her phone off her night side table after getting ready and looks at the time before the locks it again. She takes a second look quickly and her stomach drops noticing the date. "Alex, Jules is here" Greg calls from the living room, causing her to place her phone in her pocket slowly. "Alright! I'll be right there" she calls back.

"I will see you at the station" Alex smiles as she walks past her father and places a small kiss on his cheek. "Don't be late!" her father jokes as he points his finger at her, and takes a sip of his coffee. "Haha, funny" Alex smirks. "I'll be there before you" she continues and opens the door, leaving the house.

She walks outside and spots Jules waiting in her car with a big smile on her face. "Lets go slowpoke!" Jules yells. Once Alex gets into the car Jules could see that something was wrong by the look on her face. "Alex? Is everything okay?" she questions curiously and Alex looks down at the black screen of her phone and sighs as she slowly looks up at Jules. "I'm late" she whispers and Jules shakes her head slowly. "We're not late, Alex. It's fine" Jules snickers as she drives through the streets of the city. "No, Jules....I'm late" Alex then repeats, and Jules looks over at her quickly, shocked. "Oh my god!" Jules says with no emotion on her face, before she looks back towards the road in front of her. "What do you want to do?" she then asks. "Right now, I want to just go to work. Get through the day, and not mention this to anyone. Promise me, Jules" Alex states looking over at her seriously. "Okay. I promise. You're my best friend. You tell me not to tell anyone, I won't tell anyone" Jules says as she nods her head. "Okay" Alex sighs as she leans her head against the cool glass of the window, as the pit in her stomach grows making her feel sick.

Once they both arrive at the station and head into the change room to get ready, they notice Leah sitting there with pants and a bra on. "Morning" Alex smiles as she walks over to her locker. "Oh! Morning" Leah says as she stands up quickly from the bench. "Wow...Nice scar" Jules states as both her and Alex look over at Leah and notice the large scare on the back of her right shoulder. "Thanks" Leah snickers. "Professional or Recreational?" Alex asks curiously. "A little of both" Leah answers. "Oh, yeah? What happened?" Jules questions curiously, as she places her bag on the bench and begins to change. "There was an apartment fire In High Park. Old building. So, the thing went up In about five minutes. People were jumping from their balconies....It was a mess" she begins as both Alex and Jules listen with anticipation. "So, I was bringing this kid down from the third floor, and that's when the stairs collapsed. Barely made it out myself" Leah finishes as Alex and Jules look at her shocked. "Did the kid make it?" Alex asks quietly, casing Leah to shake her head. "Nope" she sighs turning back around towards her locker. "Sorry" Jules whispers. "What was the recreational Part?" Alex then questions as she changes into her uniform. "I got so pissed off that night, threw back a few shots and jumped on my bike. The Harley didn't make it, I did" Leah continues to say. "You know, there's good plastic surgeons, if you ever wanna get rid of that" Jules advises as the sound of the alarm echoes through the station.

"Team One, Suit up!" Winnie's voice yells through the PA System. "Gun call, Business district, twenty o'two Bay Street" 

Leah then closes her locker, followed by Alex and Jules and laughs. "Nah, it's a good reminder not to be an idiot" Leah says. "Yeah, I got four brothers for that" Jules laughs, as they run out of the locker room and towards the garage.

Once Alex steps towards her truck and opens the door, Jues stops her and turns her around. "What's your plan?" she then questions. "What are you talking about, Jules?" Alex asks confused. "Alex, if you are..." Jules begins to say, and looks around to see if anyone else was around. "Pregnant, you have to be careful" she continues in a whisper. "Jules. I will be. We always are. But like I said, I just want to work and stay focused. Keeps people safe. Okay?" Alex asks. "Okay" Jules nods. "Lets go" Alex then says as she hops into the driver seat and Jules runs back around to the passenger side. They follow Greg, Eddie and Leah's SUV out of the garage as Wordy, and Sam follow behind them in another, and Spike behind them in the Command Truck.