CHAPTER 4

My heart pounded at the thought of his gesture. He looked back at me and smiled again. He always smiled with his teeth showing. He had a little tooth sticking out, I thought it was the cutest thing ever. His eyes squint when he smiles too. Why does he always smile at me? Why does it make me melt?

"Oh yeah my parents aren't home tonight." He said breaking my thought and taking me into the living room. I nodded and didn't ask why.

I began to hear loud thunder from outside. Woojin turned on the tv. "For the next 12 hours Seoul will be experiencing a dangerous thunderstorm, we advise everyone to not go outside.."

Oh god what do I do... Am I supposed to stay here.. At his house...

"Stay." He looked at me with a worried look on his face, "I wouldn't want something bad to happen to you because of me."
"Would your parents be ok with that.." I asked.
"It's fine, don't worry about it. They probably won't even find out, and if they do I'll just explain what happened. They won't even care."
I found myself nodding again. My parents wouldn't care either. I'll just tell them I fell asleep at the library again.

"Are you ok with ramen? I don't know how to make anything else.." I giggled and nodded. "Wait I'll be right back." He walked into a room and came out quickly with clothes. "Here you can wear this to sleep." He handed me a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. "You can go take a shower and change into them while I make the ramen." I took them and took the fastest shower I had ever taken in my whole life. I didn't want to waste all this time with him. When I came out he was already waiting for me with the ramen. We ate quickly. I watched him and saw his lips pout every time he took a bite.

When we finished, he brought a few blankets into his room and put them on the carpet floor and told me to sleep there. The ground was a bit hard but I fell asleep after having a short conversation with him. I think I fell asleep during the conversation though.

I woke up in his bed. I quickly sat up wondering what happened and saw that he was sleeping on the ground instead, his back turned to me. He turned around after he heard the noise I made. "Uh, we should get to school soon... Do you want anything to eat?" He asked.
I shook my head, "I never eat in the morning."
"Oh ok, oh and I left your uniform in the living room to dry over night." He took me into the living room and handed me my clothes.
"Thank you."

We walked to school. We didn't talk, but the silence was comfortable like it always was. I laughed when he made weird gestures and he would smile back.

"Yah! Mirin-ah! Be careful!" Woojin yelled as he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him when a careless scooter driver almost ran into me. He looked at me in the eyes, but I quickly pushed away. "Oh-uh.. Thank you." I said looking down. We didn't say anything else the rest of the way to school. It was kind of awkward between us for a while, but we went back to the way we were a few days later. Ever since that day, every time we walked on the streets, he made sure to walk on the side closest to the road.