CHAPTER 10

"Donghyun, what on earth are you doing? Why am I here?" I said as I got off the bed and walked towards the door. He put his guitar down and walked towards me. I got kind of scared so I ran out as fast as I could. I went back to my house to keep sleeping.

I went back to school the next day, behind on all of the lessons. After sitting through the school day, I was about to ask the teacher to help me catch up on what I had missed but someone grabbed my arm and took me outside. It was Donghyun "Mirin-shi, please listen to me-"
"Please stop following me alone. I've gone through enough embarrassment because of you and your friends.." I said loudly, surprised that I had said anything at all.

Oh great, the teacher left. Donghyun realized what I needed and walked over to me again. I felt irritated. "I can help you." I shook my head. "Please just let me explain- It's all a misunderstanding!" I turned away and walked out of the classroom. While I was walking home, he continued to follow me. "Hold on a second, please just stay here for a couple minutes." We passed by a bench and I don't know why but I did as he said. I sat on the bench to wait. I remembered when Woojin sat here with me. After daydreaming for a moment, Donghyun handed me a piece of paper. "This is a list of everything you missed." I took the paper and continued to walk away.

He stopped following me and when I got into my room and sat on my bed. I heard my phone vibrate.

Message from unknown number: Mirin-shi, I always thought you were quiet because you're shy not rudeㅋㅋ

I read it over and over again while my heart beat from being a little frightened.

M: Who is this?
Unknown: You knowㅋㅋㅋ
Unknown: It's me Kim Donghyun

I stopped panicking.

M: How did you get my number.
D: I saw it on the inside of your bookㅋㅋ

I dug through my backpack and looked through my textbooks and remembered I wrote on the inside "Please return if lost" with my phone number on it.

I hadn't gotten a message from him for about an hour so I thought he finally left me alone for a while, but just as I put my phone down, my phone lit up again.

D: I'm really sorry about the incident the other day. I'm not like them. I swear. I could never do that to anyone. I just wanted to get to know you... I always feel bad for not stopping those guys when I'm with them. But please believe me...

Even if he was telling the truth, I could never let someone from that group get to know me. I didn't reply to him, but I did all the work on the list he gave me.

I don't know how but everything happening with Donghyun even kept Woojin out of my mind from time to time. Donghyun continued to come to me after class and I would ignore him. He repeated everything he said in the text message over and over for a week.

Even if Donghyun did keep Woojin out of my mind, I still thought about Woojin non stop.

I eventually gave in to trusting Donghyun that he wasn't like them.

As we started to become friendly, he started to remind me of Woojin. He knew how much I missed Woojin.

He knew I used him to be happy, but he let me.

I was walking out of class on my way to meet Donghyun by the bench nearby the school because we had been doing that everyday for a while. I got there but he wasn't there before me. He was never there after me. I got a little worried. I waited 5 more minutes and got inpatient and was about to leave when I heard someone's foot steps. A few classmates walked by as Donghyun pulled out a flower from his backpack.

"Mirin, I know I'll never be as great as him, but please give me a chance. I'll continue to make you happy."