CHAPTER 7

I grabbed his arm and led him across the street to my house. We were soaking. I told him to stay quiet and I let him into the house.

My room was across the living room from my parents' room and my parents barely go past the living room, and never went into my room, so if Woojin just stayed in my room they wouldn't notice.

"Uh, you can go take a shower in the bathroom right here." I heard the water from the shower turn on when my mom started calling from across the kitchen. "Yah, are you taking a shower? I left something in there when I was cleaning the bathroom earlier. I'm just going to come in and get it ok?" I knew she would keep asking until I answered so I ran into the bathroom without thinking and went into the shower. I covered Woojin's mouth before he could yell. She opened the door and I answered her with a "Ah.. Ok sure." She left quickly and I got out of the shower right away.

I got back into my room and changed into dry clothes. Woojin came into my room kind of upset. "Yah, what was that?"
"Sorry.. My mom would've kept asking me until I answered and she was already coming towards the bathroom... And I didn't see anything! I promise!" In the end we just laughed it off.

We went to sleep, him on the floor next to me. I couldn't sleep that night. I had my eyes closed the whole night but I was just thinking. Did he mean to kiss me earlier? Does he like me? Will we be able to hang out this much in the summer?

2 days before school ended my friend, I guess, came to talk to me. "Mirin-ah, why haven't you been talking to us lately? You're always with that Woojin." She smirked, "Is something going on between you guys, you're always smiling and laughing with him, I'm jealous."
"No no.. Nothing like that." I replied and didn't say anything else.

In class the teacher picked some students to go up to the front and talk about the school year to kill time. Everyone else was enjoying it but I was sitting there sweating all of the liquid in my body out. Please don't pick me. Please don't pick me. Even though I prayed that much, I eventually got picked. As I looked down and stood up slowly, Woojin raised his hand. "Can I do it with her?" The class made ooh's but I tried to ignore it. The teacher allowed him and we went up. I didn't know what to say at all, but that didn't even matter. Woojin asked me simple questions he knew I could answer and I answered them. For example, "Mirin-shi, what was the best food you ate at school this year?" And I would just answer with the first thing that came to my mind, "Well, pizza?"

The whole thing was over before I knew it. "Wahh, I'm so thankful. You saved me Woojin-ah!" I said after classes were over.
"You should be! You think that's easy for me?!" We laughed the way home.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the group of guys that laughed at me not too long ago. They gave Woojin an annoyed look and I realized they must still be mad from Woojin yelling at them. They didn't seem like they would bother me again with Woojin next to me so I ignored it.

Summer finally came and I was out of contact with everyone at school except Woojin. He texted me the last night of school,
W: Mirin-ah, do you want to go to the amusement part with me after school tomorrow~?
M: Only if we ride all of the rides there before we leave!
W: You think I'm scared? Yah.. I'll show you tomorrow. Promise!~

The final bell of the school year rang and we got to the amusement park as soon as we could. "I haven't been here in ages!" I said out of excitement the second we got inside. We had so much fun that day. I don't think there could be a moment where I'm happier than that day.

He took me to all sorts of places the whole summer. We were together almost every day. I visited his house often and he visited mine often. We snuck around in the beginning but my parents eventually found out and I introduced him to them but they didn't care. And the same thing with his parents. We had so much fun and didn't count down the days until summer would end. I fell for him more and more every time we smiled together. By now, he knew almost everything about me. I wished my life could've stayed this way forever.

We were talking in his room before we were about to sleep a few days before school started, "Mirin-ah, thank you for making me happy these days. Will you remember me when summer is over?"
I was half asleep and murmured, "What are you talking about? Of course."
"Please remember me." He said right before he fell asleep.

But when school eventually came, he disappeared.