49) SO LONG AS YOU'LL HAVE ME

• • •

• • •

Serena tossed her script onto the floor with a huff and plopped back onto the couch. She and Tom had spent the remainder of the day just going over her lines together, and Serena was unaware she had been given so many. Her role was a lot bigger than she anticipated, and it was absolutely crazy. Her dream of finally being a part of the MCU was coming true and she didn't know how to handle it. It was all so surreal to her.

Tom laughed at Serena and sat down beside her on the couch. She appeared to be rather exhausted, and he was slightly confused as to how going over lines could tire her out to such an extent, but then he was forced to remember she had gotten off of a flight not too long ago.

"Are you tired?" Tom asked her, his accent thick.

Serena nodded her head and sat up, her blue eyes meeting his brown ones. "Just a little bit, love."

Tom smiled at her use of the word love and began to study her. He began to feel stupid for not picking up on the fact that she was Sebastian's sister. Although the two were only half siblings, Tom could make out quite a bit of resemblance between the two of them. Their facial structure was much the same, as were their smiles and eyes, but Tom could see that Serena's eyes were much different than her brother's. They were blue with a bit of green in the middle, and immediately they became Tom's favorite pair of eyes.

"You're staring, Tom," Serena teased him.

Tom could feel his cheeks heating up at the thought of being caught, but at the same time her didn't seem to care too much. In his eyes, she was beautiful, and he was going to let her know that. "I can't help it, you're beautiful."

A smile pulled at the corner of Serena's lips and she looked down at her hands. "Thank you, Web Slinger."

She could remember Louis telling her the same thing all the time when the two were together, but with Tom if was different—it felt different. It had taken her so long to figure out Louis's scheme, and whether or not his words were true, she couldn't help but dismiss them as a means to make them both feel better about what was going on in that screwed up head of his. Louis was never real with her, but Tom was. She could feel it, and she could feel just how genuine of a person he was. She liked that. She found comfort in that.

"I want you to know how glad I am to have you in my life, Web Slinger." Serena looked up at Tom with bright blue eyes, "You've made things a lot easier for me in regards to my breakup with Louis and just my life in general."

"I'm glad I could be there for you, Serena," Tom replied. "I'll always be here so long as you'll have me."

Serena laughed and glanced to the script on the floor. "I don't think I have much choice in the matter now, do I, Parker?"

"I guess not, Stacy."