85) IT WAS ALL A GAME

• • •

• • •

Serena sat quietly on the couch inside Tom's hotel room, a small smile on her face as she gazed at the television in front of her. She was happy. For the first time in a while, she was genuinely happy, and it was because of Tom. He had given her everything and more, and she couldn't be more thankful to have him in her life. Tom was what she had been looking for. He was what she had been needing, and after what felt like so long, she had finally gotten him.

The sweet smell of popcorn radiated throughout the condo. Tom was making Serena popcorn, as he usually did when she found herself craving it. It was one of her favorite nighttime snacks, and Tom's cupboards were always stocked with her favorite kind, so she didn't miss an opportunity to take advantage of that.

The microwave in the kitchen beeped loudly, indicating to Serena that her popcorn was done, which made her a little happier than she should've been. She just couldn't help it. She had so many reasons to be happy and more.

A shirtless Tom walked into the loft, a smile pulling onto his face once he took notice of Serena. She sat up in her seat and looked at him, her blue eyes glistening with happiness and love. She held her hands out for the bowl in his hands, almost too eager to eat, regardless of the fact she'd eaten not too long ago. Tom couldn't help but laugh at her. She was just too cute in his eyes.

"Here you go, love," Tom said and held the bowl out to her.

Serena only smiled and took the bowl from him, wasting no time at all in taking a handful of the corn. A bright smile lit up Tom's face and he sat down beside her, his brown eyes scanning over every inch of her. He had never seen anyone so enthralling in his life. Serena was just so beautiful to him, almost like a work of art that was too perfect for any one museum. The bright blue of her eyes. The light green that speckled the center of her irises. The soft chocolate color of her long, wavy hair. The light freckles that peppered the seemingly flawless skin of her face. Everything about her. It was so perfect to him. He couldn't believe he had gotten so lucky.

"You're beautiful, y'know," Tom finally broke the silence between the two of them.

Serena stopped eating her popcorn and looked over at him. "Oh, really?" She smirked and shoved another handful of popcorn in her mouth, which only earned her a laugh from the man she called her own.

"Yes," Tom chuckled. "I'd say you look even better wearing my clothes."

"Mine now," Serena giggled and looked down at the shirt she had stolen from Tom. There was no doubt it was gonna be stained from the amount of butter she was consuming by the end of the night.

Tom smiled and leaned toward her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her closer. "What's mine is yours, baby."