Chapter eleven web

Ivy lane is missing. I am caught in a web of secrets, secrets that give birth to lies, no longer the author of my truth. Her friend Lisa sits in the downstairs living room her brown eyes wild with alarm, " why hasnt she called yet? I can feel it there's something not right with that chick man." Lisa announces its her third glass of lemonade and beer, an interesting concoction i know but most of Ivy's friends are interesting. Ivy loved her hippy's and the hippys loved her, i shuffle nervously, feeling the guilt like a boulder in my stomache feeling sick and antsy all in one go. "She just left? " Lisa sounded like a child who'd just lost her mum , Lisa was the opposite to Ivy, mousy brown hair, long shaggy bangs that came to her knees, big brown eyes, and a wide mouth, for telling i always thought. Fear was a hand that stretched along my spine now, placed its hand on my shoulder, but my heart was racing, in comparison, my brother Taurus Drake was unusually calm as though the shock was still feeding him. "She'll probably be in touch soon ," Taurus supplied cooly," its the drifters way,"

"There's no code to it," Lisa snapped, " i thought we were friends, you know, i thought we'd made a real connection."

" No doubt you did," he took her trembling hands in his, i narrowed my gaze, this was alarming. Would he be Brutus now and console her? Would he be Judas and pretend to just be another disciple? " I need another lem Beer,"

"You've had three Lem beers,"

"I know, i need a holiday. Can you ask one of your guy friends to pay for a round the world trip for me, maybe to Vienna or Cape Island," she slunk back into the arm of her chair, "somewhere hot with lots of unusual cocktails,"

"ill call you if she gets in touch okay?" Taurus arose slowly rubbing the tiredness out of his brown eyes, a thin layer of sweat forming atop his lip like a moustache.

"I take it im dismissed then." Lisa spoke icily, they exchanged knowing glances, and thats when i caught it in between the exchange. Another secret, something hidden, an open wound, another lie, another jewelled pandora's box. I followed lisa's wiry frame to the front door as she made a hasty exit, my mind was spinning with questions, upon questions. "Bye Lisa, talk soon," i waved. I closed the door gently. Waited for a few minutes. "What did you do?"

"What had to be done," he said calmly

"Is that why she's dead because you were seeing Lisa?"

"She's dead because Lisa had to abort a baby i didn't know about," he took Lisa's empty cup into the kitchen along with his own, i followed him on quivering limbs. I'd always known that Taurus was crazy, and if the wrong buttons were pushed something bad would happen. "Nobody leaves," he croaked." Nobody leaves me, not after doing that."

I wanted to scream, i had been tricked i had been dragged into his web of lies and secrets, i felt suffocated, afraid, panic rising in my throat, and suddenly i saw nothing at all.