Chapter 14 missing

Ivy was a poem my brother never wrote, a Majesty you awed at, her features lean and symmetrical from long glossy curls, to strong aqualine nose. She had soft brown eyes like warm maltesers, which at times didnt seem present, they were dreamy eyes. Skin kissed by the sun. I remember staring when i first met her, i stared with my mouth open for two whole minutes before i uttered the words, "Hi."

"Taurus's little sis right?"

I nodded shyly. Did everybody look at her like she was a god, dance around her like puppets.

"You look different to his other girls," i offered a little cattily i knew, but i was cautious at first. We stood facing each other two opposing forces in the cold light of day, the chill of winter eating into my skinny bones. I scanned her up and down. I liked her scent, lilac, and soft vanilla with a hint of lemon. Her blue jeans were torn at the knees, her gold jumper ratted and worn in yet still, she moved with an elegance and a grace that i had only seen on screens. I would practice her walk for the next few days, then slump back to my Tomboyish scuttle defeated. "She's a traveller, and she'll be staying with us," my brother presented, " Ivy show Liv what you did to your nose yesterday."

"I pierced it," She leaned in, i inhaled her scent deeper. There was a sexual chemistry Ivy lane carried with her, a music in the bones. Something sinful and sensuos, yet i sensed despite having so much charisma and the element of charm, Ivy lane was like Taurus,she had parts missing. She was far removed from a self .

Everyone would have liked their one world to be the universe. Yet with Ivy, everything twinkled and danced around her as though it were. As though the whole world was a puppet on a stage just for her. And now the girl with the bladed dimples was gone. Fear was not foreign anymore, hope was a strange algorithm snaking its way into my limbs. Giving the illusion of promise, the illusion of freedom. Was i free would i ever be free again with this secret? Would i be safe again, with Taurus and his many psychotic masks. I was living on borrowed time and Ivy, would never laugh or smile again. I had helped him, in a sense i had endorsed his madness.

"There are things you cannot posess in this life," she'd once said in the garden sunlight. The bright light shone revealing streaks of Auburn in her Mermaid brown hair, "Things that you can't have dominion over." I had not known what she was talking about back then, i had simply been hypnotised by the wistfulness in her voice, and a strain of emotion the whisper of a soul that refused to be caged. "Look here, " she smiled, there was a soft gleam in her eyes, " like this butterfly. Only something dark would try to claim it for themselves, instead," she released the yellow spotted print butterfly that danced on her fingertips" you let it fly freely."

"Butterflies are such beautiful creatures arent they?" she seemed lost in her world of playful things, i listened to her words as though they dripped with honey, each word a tastebud on my tongue. " So tell me," she grinned now, perching on the small Bench in the back garden wrinkling her Orange summer dress. I liked the way her hair always looked so windswept and wild, like she'd been busy, like time doesnt stop. I could sense the loneliness in her, it was like an ache that wouldnt dull, a part of her wore it like a badge, i belong to no tribe, i belong to no army, i am a trojan, i am a goddess.

"Ivy," i whispered " im so sorry."

I wished i could go back in time before i had been tricked by Taurus's clever words, siccerine sweet yet boobie trapped with Spikes. each word was a Samurai Sword cutting you down to size, with eyes he measured you, assesed. Every word, every sentence, every step, reflected an analytic. I had often thought that my brother was a dark psyche his ability to predict was scary. Could he have predicted the murder of Ivy Lane? Of course he could have a girl who no one looked for yet everybody saw, the perfect person to make mute in a world that was full of percussion sounds.