Chapter Fifthteen: A Helping Hand

On a Sunday I'd usually hang out with my friends all day at the country club and then head off to some raving party. However, this Sunday is obviously a different story. I'm definitely not in the mood to get out of my warm sheets and actually socialise with the outside world. Also, it might be due to minor detail that I'm grounded.

I stay in bed until 2pm because there is literally nothing else to do. If I go downstairs I'll end up just getting a lecture from my mother about how I'm ruining our reputation. People shouldn't be so obsessed with us then.
The only reason I get up is because my stomach is extremely empty, I need food like right now.

I slide out of my king size bed and a rush of cold air meets my body. I swear it's meant to be hot here for god sake. Quickly, I change into some sweats and head downstairs. I'm not even going to check my phone, I'm not ready to see the rumours surfacing. All I know is that everyone is always up in my business. Just because they're so obsessed with me, I guess.

When I get downstairs, I wish I had stayed in bed. I'm greeted by a group of my mothers friends, all gathered in my huge living room. Of course I had to walk in on a mothers meeting.
As I make my entrance, all eyes slide to me and I straight away cringe because I know they're judging me in my body suit, sweatpants and sliders. My mother gives me a glare, she's not happy about my appearance.

Her sour expression is replaced by a sugar coated smile.
"This is my youngest daughter, Sierra," she addresses me to the rest of the women.
They greet me with hellos, I know they're all high class ladies.

"Come and join us," my mum smiles, just as it's what the others expect.
Reluctantly I set down next to my mother and all their attentions turn to me.
"My daughter told me you were arrested last night, surely that's just gossip," says the tallest woman in the group. She's got the sort of face you want to slap.
"Well the rumours are true," I smile through gritted teeth, stopping the urge to just storm out. I don't have time to be investigated by a bunch of gold diggers.
I can see all of them judging even more, the taller woman shuffles uncomfortably in her chair, pursing her lips.

"Well it was all a mistake in the end, Sierra was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, it all got cleared up," my mother tries to save our name.
Most look convinced apart from the tall lady who just gives me a strange look.

They carry on gossiping and thankfully their attentions turn to Sara Lee's new baby. I zone out the conversation as it has no interest to me.
I find a way to slip away from the group and head to the kitchen where I can finally get my food.

I go to the food counter and greet my personal chef.
"You're finally up," laughs Taylor, one of the best chefs around.
"Well there's not really much to do," I point out and he serves me my favourite breakfast, waffles of course.

Suddenly, I hear a male voice coming from the living room and I become intrigued. When I walk back in, I see a tall muscular male kissing my mothers cheek. His brown hair styled perfectly and his suit immaculate.
My brother, Ashton Goldberg.

"ASHTON,"I scream and run up to him, he's surprised by excitement.
"Calm down kiddo," he laughs as he embraces me in a brotherly hug. It seems like forever since the last time I've seen him. It's been nearly 8 months. He was travelling all through the summer and he's been at Princeton the rest of the time. Ashton is the second youngest sibling and he's 2 years old older than me, 20 years old. To be honest he's my favourite sibling, we're the most alike.

All my siblings were also Rosewood royalty, Goldberg's are expected to rule the school each year. My oldest siblings Ethan and Kendall were both student body presidents Ashton was Football Captain. Ashton is also responsible for the famous Homecoming rampage of 2014. Don't ask.