Chapter 4

Lynsey rolled onto her side and prised her eyes open to search, with a headache, for her luminous pink iPhone which would be easy to see if Lynsey had been fully awake. It was the only bright or even remotely nicely styled and coloured in the whole blinking school. She groped around with her hand around her bedside table, knocking over a glass of water which Lynsey didn't bother cleaning up but then it hadn't smashed so.... She found her phone and turned it on. The time showed was 6:00 am. Lynsey growled. It was Friday too. Lynsey growled again. It was another Friday in another harsh week at this pathetic school. She typed in her password, 2536, and swiped the screen to find the phone app. After tapping on "Sarah Nesville" her phone started to ring. It was answered almost immediately. Sarah's voice was soft. Softer than normal. "Hey, hon. you want to talk about something?"

"Yeah, I have something to talk about" Lynsey snarled. "This school was the worst place you could send me. It's boring; I can't do anything as no one here is being particularly friendly. I hate it here!"

Sarah's voice had an attempted to have been hidden, element of surprise in her voice as she answered. "Are you sure?"

"What do you mean "Are you sure?" I've been here for four weeks and it's worse than hell!" Lynsey gave vicious edge to her voice which had been edging closer to escaping with every day of school. "Gotta go. Bye". Without waiting for a response Lynsey hung up.

After attempting to play numerous attempts at flappy birds and attempts at finding something that could interest her n YouTube, she turned her phone of and lay done under her covers again to reflect on the quality of her life here at this school.

She must have fallen asleep as she woke up to the sound of a knock on her door. "What?" she called with a grumpy tone. The door opened and a girl in Lynsey's class (Who she hadn't bothered to learn the name of) said in a quiet voice: "Well, look who's not even out of bed yet. We have to go to UW6. Now."

"Okay, okay" Lynsey said in a sleepy voice. She checked her phone. It was 9:00. Shoot.

They were supposed to go to their form rooms in time for eight and after assembly, except from Tuesday where they had form time and Thursday where they went straight to lessons in order to create time for PSHCE, and lessons started at 9:00.

Lynsey felt immediately grumpy inside. She looked up to see the girl leaning in the doorway. She put on sarcastic and snarling voice which wasn't hard considering the mood she was in, "And in English? Where's UW6?". The fact that the teachers were going to kill her didn't help. The girl answered in a cool voice with a tint of annoyance "If you don't know where it is, I think you should get dressed and follow me"

"I can't get dressed with you in my room"

"Well, duh, I'm going to leave you to get dressed".

Five minutes later, Lynsey was trotting after the girl who was a very fast mover. She hadn't realised that UW6 was Upper West six. Upper.

When they finally reached the top floor to the school, three other children barged pass, down the stairs. Lynsey's arm was elbowed out the way with quite a bit of force. She stared after the idiots who had been riotously careless and was surprised to see the head girl, Ireth and the cute boy she had seen in the library.

Lynsey turned to follow the girl again but saw that the girl had a slight longing in her eyes. She unfroze from her stare and thoughts and glanced to Lynsey. "What?" she asked. "Don't you know it's rude to stare?"

As they entered the classroom, Lynsey recognised a few people. They had been all shouting and arguing whilst Lynsey was out the room, but when she went in it was eerily quiet. Apparently, there were no teachers yet as the space at front of the class by the board was vacant of any adult. Few, she may have just avoided a telling off for being late. Not that she cared, but she didn't need any more eyes on her.