Chapter 69 - Day Three

+++ Just a PSA that there is a vivid intense scene in the form of a flashback if you prefer not to read it do not read between the \/ and /\ italicized section +++

Day Three

The girl's senses began to strengthen and become more accustom to her hospital room.

Although she has been there for three months or so, she never felt close to comfortable until now.

She ate two and a half meals total the day before; two and a half more meals than she has had since she arrived to the hospital border lining nine months ago.

Two thirds of a year she has been in this hospital.

Two thirds of a year to finally gain some comfort in this place.

Two thirds of a year to show some form of sanity.

+ + +

"Good morning, Beatrice!" Dr. Scott walks into the room, opening the blinds and smiling.

"It's Tris. And good morning." The girl says, a little louder as her voice grows stronger.

Dr. Scott laughs lightly, enjoying the conversation from the girl right off the bat this morning.

"I've been meaning to ask you, Tris," empathizes her alias in the context, "How is your eyesight doing?"

"Better than it was, I mean, I can see."

"What was your vision like before the eye drops were administered to you?" The doctor sits at the foot of the girl's bed, opposite of the leg that was operated on.

"I was blind, eventually." She says, speaking minimally.

"What do you mean eventually?"

The girl looks at her for a second, scrambling around in her mind as to remember when her vision first got bad.

\/

Her face was held down by several sets of hands, more than she could count by simply touch.

She screams, trying to thrash her arms and legs, but everyone's hands hold her down.

Hands grab at her face, hair, waist, injured leg, crotch, abdomen, chest; and male voices are laughing.

She screams for mercy, for it's her only accessible way of defense.

No one will save her.

She's forty feet underground in the basement of her kidnapper's haven.

The building was built mostly underground for this specific reason.

As for the girl in the cell, it does not work in her favor.

The mildly heavy-set, blonde aged male that leads all the people approaches her and she screams out a cry, hoping that maybe, just maybe he will let her off easy.