Chapter Nine

Late at Night September 1st

"Don't squirm," Mr. Lightwood says as he stitches up Tria's right bicep where the Forsaken hit her with its club.

"I'm not," Tria says and squeezes Alec's hand tighter when the needle pierces her skin again. So much for general anesthetic. "It doesn't even hurt."

Alec just laughs and Tria smirks at him, but it fades as the needle hits her skin again. She needed to be stitched up before they could go over her healing rune. Alec's phone rings, but Izzy takes it from him, saying he needed to focus on Tria. She walks out and answers the phone.

"All done," Mr. Lightwood says and walks out of the infirmary. Alec runs his stele over her healing rune and a rush of endorphins calm her down. Alec then gets up and wraps her bicep with gauze.

"What were you thinking?" He asks her and crosses her arms as she sits there.

"What are you talking about?" She asks him confused.

"Touching my bow, using my bow!" He exclaims and she lets out a low laugh.

"Easy there, Clementine," She says and stands up. "And I wasn't."

"Well next time ask," He says and goes to leave but turns around. "Before I forget."

He marches towards her and grabs one side of her head and pushes the hair away exposing her neck. She gives him a confused expression and he just smirks before drawing the glamour rune on the left side of her neck. She hisses and grabs onto the wrist of the hand holding the side of her head.

"You're an ass," She whispers and he chuckles before finishing.

"A cute ass," He smiles and she nods. He runs his stele over the rune so she isn't glamoured and she smiles up at him. He reminded her so much of Cory. The indecisive eyes, the height difference, the way he cared for her; it all reminded her so much of Cory and she hadn't realized it till right now. She was thinking about Cory earlier, now he was the only thing on her mind, and part of her hated that.

"I'll, um, I'll see you later," she says and grabs her sweatshirt, shrugging it on. He just nods before leaving the room. She pulls half of her short hair up into a tiny ponytail and flattens all the stray hairs back.

"Aren't you going to stay to figure out these Forsaken attacks?" Hodge asks and she turns around to see him in the doorway.

"No," She says and walks towards him. "I'm going to, uh, go visit and old friend."

"I shouldn't be worried about you and this friend now should I?" He asks playfully and she lets out a forced laugh.

"No," She says. "I promise you, he's just a friend. But today has been so crazy and brought up old memories, so I feel like I should go visit him. Bye."

She kisses him on the cheek before leaving the room and walking down the hallway to a portal doorway. As she approaches it, she snaps her fingers and opens a purple portal.

"You shouldn't be leaving this late at night," A voice says and Tria turns on her heel to see Lydia standing there. "Especially after being attacked by a Forsaken."

"I'll be fine," Tria says.

"Well I still need to know where you are going." Lydia says and steps towards the girl. "And I would like to say I'm sorry for stealing Alec away from you."

"If you are implying that Alec and I are in a romantic relationship," Tria raises an eyebrow. "Don't, I'm not the Bane I was talking about. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go to my late boyfriend's grave to tell him about my day."