Chapter Ten

Early Morning September 2nd

When the whole saving Meliorn mission was over, Tria went home to find Magnus on the couch sipping on a drink. She takes her knives and stele out of her pockets and sets them on a table before walking over to the couch and falling onto the cushions. Her head lands in Magnus' lap and she sighs loudly.

"What's wrong now, truffle?" Magnus asks as he sips his drink.

"When did my life get so jack shit crazy?" She asks the question on her mind and he flicks her ear.

"Watch your language," He says then sighs. "And I could give you a number of dates. The day your mother died, the day everyone found out you were related to Stephan Herandale, when you were officially ranked as a hybrid, when you started to grow close with Clary Fray when she was a little girl and I would erase her memories, hell, when you started dating Hodge for all I know."

"You forgot one," She sighs. "When Cory died."

"Yes," Magnus says and runs a hand over her head comforting her. "When Cory died."

"I'm guessing I've got to get used to people dying on me, huh?" She asks him.

"Getting used to them dying, no." Magnus shakes his head. "Getting used to the fact that they will eventually die so you must make every moment count, yes. Don't give up on someone because they aren't immortal, cherish the little life they have and make it wonderful because you were in it, and then mourn them accordingly when they pass."

"Wise words from a wise warlock," Tria chuckles and sits up. Her phone buzzes and she looks at it to see a text from Izzy. Tria groans and leans back into the couch. "It's Izzy, she needs to talk to me."

"Do you have any idea what about?" Magnus asks.

"Probably what we did not even 45 minutes ago," She says and stands up. "Well, I'm going to go change then I'll portal outta here. Bye, dad."

She kisses him on the cheek and runs off to her bedroom. She takes off her sweatshirt and sweaty sports bra to change into a black and gold thick strapped tank top. She changes into a pair of black leather pants and black thin heeled booties.

On her left arm was the bandage on her bicep. Using her right hand she hovers over the wound and mutters a simple healing spell under her breath. The slight stinging in her arm fades and endorphins cloud her mind. She unwraps the bandage off her arm to reveal the wound to be healed except for the slight discoloration in her skin.

Walking back into the living room she grabs her stele and knives before portaling to the institute. As she walks in and makes her way to an interrogation room where they were holding Izzy, she is pulled to the side. She gets ready to fight only to find out it was Alec.

"I'm guessing you got my text," He says and looks around nervously. "I sent it from her phone because I need to talk to you."

"What's up?" She asks and crosses her arms. She was going to be stern with him, figuring she didn't like the choices he was making, but she was going to listen.

"They've taken Izzy," He says. "They know she was at the downworlders entrance to the City of Bones and I know you were there too. I won't tell them about you being there because at least that way I can protect one of you."

"I don't need your protection," Tria says.

"Tria," He says sternly. "They are going to de-rune Izzy and banish her from the institute because of this. I just need to know, did anyone there see you?"

"No," She shakes her head. "I used a shape shifting rune to look like one of my late warlock friends. Actually there was one guy that might've seen me, but I don't know."