Chapter Thirteen

Night of September 4th

Almost two hours after Alec coming out, about thirty minutes after finding Lydia; Izzy was on the computer scanning the security cameras with Jace, Alec and Clary behind her. After finding out that it was Hodge she finds something interesting.

"Hang on," She says to her friends about to walk off. "I know, Tria was involved with Hodge but look."

Everyone looks at the cameras to see Tria enter Hodge's room, then a few minutes later he does. After that, Hodge walks out with a glowing red seraph blade.

"Oh, my god!" Clary exclaims.

"Go get Magnus!" Alec was already running off towards Hodge's room as he shouts. Jace and Izzy were close behind. "Tria!" He shouts and bursts open Hodge's door.

On the floor was the hybrid girl surrounded by a pool of blood and four dull dragonfly wings. On her back was two bright red and white jagged stumps. She sat on her knees crying silently into the floor. Alec runs over to her and kneels in front of her. She looks up to see him and lets out a sob of relief and anguish. Eyeliner and mascara smeared her face from all the crying.

"It hurts," She whispers with a hoarse voice. Izzy and Jace stand in the doorway just watching the two best friends.

"I know, I know," Alec tries to reassure her. The hem where the black part of her dress met the white is where Alec ripped open showing off her healing rune. He fumbles with a stele too engaged in trying to keep Tria upright, so Jace walks over and kneels next to them.

"Let me," Jace says and grabs the stele. He runs it over Tria's rib and her breaths go from hectic to controlled. She leans into Alec with her head resting on his chest and she hugs herself. He wraps one hand around her back, wary of the open wounds protruding from her spine, and the other on her shoulder to keep her steady against him.

"Please," She whispers and closes her eyes. "Just make it stop."

"Tria!" Magnus shouts and runs into the room with Clary behind him. Clary stops in her tracks at the sight, but Magnus takes weary steps before kneeling across from Alec holding the girl. "What happened?"

"Hodge," Alec says through gritted teeth. The name puts a frown on Tria's face and she lets out a choked sob.

"I just wanna go home," Tria says, her lips quivering. "Please, just take me home."

"This is for your own good, my truffle," Magnus says and casts a sleeping charm on the girl. She falls limp in Alec's arms and he steadies her so she doesn't fall onto her back injuring herself further.

Alec and Jace help pick the girl up before Alec takes her in his arms. He carries her bridal style, careful not to press on her jagged stubs too hard. Magnus stands up then grabs a blanket before picking up all four green wings, setting them gently in the blanket and wrapping them up.

He takes a step towards Alec who was carrying Tria ever so gently. Magnus uses one hand to brush strands of hair away from Tria's face, exposing the abundance of freckles peaking out of the smeared foundation.

"Time to go home, kitty," Alec whispers. "Time to go home."

Early Morning September 5th

Alec, Magnus and Izzy brought Tria back to the lair and stitched her up. Magnus had to cut the stubs flatter so nothing was protruding from her back and sewed the open wounds shut. Once he was done stitching her up and doing all the warlock magic he could on her, he left the room to let Izzy bind the girl's chest and change her clothes.

The Lightwood siblings left when Izzy finished with Tria, leaving Magnus alone with his unconscious daughter. He sat on the side of the bed, brushing stray hairs away from her face and trying to sense even a glimpse of her magic. He sighs and grabs one of her hands.