Tuukka Rask Imagine

You and Tuukka have been married for five years. The relationship has always been hard, with his long road trips and constant meetings. Somehow, the two of you made it work. 

This time, though, it was a lot harder. He was gone for two weeks in Sochi. Not only was he gone again, but he was farther away than usual. You were happy for him. He had been working a lot harder this season to make it to the Olympics. You were proud, and always managed to catch Finland’s games. You were always happy to watch him play, seeing him move, and the passion he had just gave you a warm feeling. You were always proud to call him your husband. 

Today, for the first time since he had left, Tuukka had some time off to Skype with you. You were bustling around the kitchen, making your lunch. Jonah, your eight month old son, was playing with some toys in his chair. As you sat down to eat, your computer went off. Looking at your laptop, you saw that Tuukka was on Skype. Moving the laptop closer, you hit accept. 

"Hey sweetie!" You say as your husbands beautiful face shows on the screen. You grin. The sight of him always made you feel better.

"Hey babe!" He waves at you, doing the adorable little half-smile he knows you love. "How’s my favorite girl?"

"I’m alright," You say, swallowing a bite of your sandwich.

"Just alright?" Tuukka’s eyes look concerning.

"I’m fine. I just miss you."

"I miss you too, hun. I really do." Tuukka frowns, turning away from the camera a bit.

"Yeah…but it’s fine. I know you’re having fun." You say.

"Yeah..I guess." Tuukka’s voice starts to break, as if he wants to start crying. He starts to breathe a little deeper.

"Baby? What;s going on? What’s wrong?" You lean a little closer to the screen.

"Nothing…" Tuukka turns back to the computer, his eyes starting to tear up a bit. "I just miss you so much."

"I know baby." You sigh a but. "I miss you too. But, I’m so proud of you. You’re doing great."

Tuukka seems to perk up a bit, “You’re proud of me??”

You laugh. “Of course I am! I watch every game, and I’m always so proud of you! You’re playing like the gold medalist I know you’re going to be.”

Tuukka smiles. “Thank you. That means a lot to me.” 

Then, as quickly as the smile came, it left again. Tuukka turned away from the computer again.

"Tuukka? What;s wrong?" You ask, worried.

"Uh…nothing..I just….I should go. I’m…tired. Sorry babe…" Tuukka won’t look at the camera at all now.

"Oh…um…okay?" You say, trying not to sound too disappointed. 

"I’ll just talk to you again. Later, or whenever we can. Sorry…I'm just tired" Tuukka says quietly.

"No…it"s…alright…bye baby…" You log off, not waiting for a reply.

You slam the laptop shut. As you sit there alone at the table, you can’t help but wonder. Your mind wanders, and you begin to think…”what if he’s hiding something from me…?”

Then you remember. The thought brings you to tears.

Tuukka’s old girlfriend lives in Sochi. 

Right where Tuukka is.