Tuukka Rask Imagine: Part 2

You’re sitting alone on Tuukka’s couch. Your son, Jonah, is asleep in his room upstairs. The TV is on, but you’re not paying attention. Your thoughts keep going back to the Skype call with Tuukka…the way he acted wasn’t like him. 

You can’t help but feel like something is going on that he doesn’t want you to know. The fact that he’s over there…alone…with his ex-girlfriend..and without you. The thought makes you sick to your stomach. As you sit there, silently beginning to cry, your phone goes off. 

It’s a text from Tuukka: “We need to talk…please…I really need to talk to you…so just call me or something when you get the chance…please.”

You take a deep breath, and call Tuukka. 

He answers almost immediately. “Hey babe. Listen, I’m so so sorry about the Skype call earlier. It’s just I’ve been so nervous lately. The games are really tough, and I can’t focus ant it’s just been so hard. We have the game against Canada tomorrow, and I’m getting the start, so the pressure has really been on. Coach is pushing me, and the guys are counting on me. I’m so sorry baby, I didn’t mean to scare you or anything. I’m really sorry.” Tuukka rambles, sounding panicked.

"It’s fine hun…I know how hard it can get." You breath, rubbing your face.

"I’m still sorry. I didn’t mean to worry you…"

"Baby, it’s okay. I’ve been dealing with it for a while. I got this babe." You laugh slightly, trying to help him feel better.

"Alright…" Tuukka says, sighing. "So, how’s my little guy doin’?"

"Jonah’s fine. He’s sleeping. Little guy has been really tired lately." You stand up, walking to the kitchen. "How’s the team doing?"

"Great, actually. Working really hard. They try so hard, it’s awe-" Tuukka starts to say, but he’s cut off by his teammate entering his room.

"Hey, man. Olga’s waiting for you downstairs. She says you better dress sharp for dinner. She’s excited for the date."

Your heart drops. Olga is Tuukka’s ex-girlfriend.

"DUDE!" Tuukka yells. "Baby, listen. It’s not a date. We r-" Tuukka tries to spit out, but you interrupt. 

"Tuukka, don’t ever talk to me again!" You toss your phone aside. 

You lean against the wall, and slide down to the floor, crying. He lied to you, he’s seeing her again…You sob uncontrollably. Your husband…cheating on you.

You reach up for your phone again. You write a text to your closest friend, Adam McQuaid: Adam…I need someone to talk to…please. Tuukka’s cheating on me…and i need someone to talk to…please

Adam writes back almost instantly: Hang in there kiddo. I’m on my way. Be there in 10. 

You put your phone aside, collapse on the floor again, and cry.