Chapter Five: Megan

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

I opened my phone and simultaneously closed my eyes, protecting them from the bright screen. Amelia had been texting me every ten minuets for the past hour.

Amelia: Are you awake?
Amelia: Hello?
Amelia: Today is the day, we need to be there early!
Amelia: Megan! Wake up! We need to get ready!
Amelia: Meg
Amelia: I have your ticket and I might as well give it to someone else...

I replied.

Me: I'm up now. Give me 30 min and then we can meet at the Starbucks. K?

Amelia: SHE IS ALIVE!

I ignored her final text and got up to get ready for the show. We wanted to be at the stadium by 6pm which meant that I had five hours to get ready (due to the fact that I slept in till 12pm).

I hopped out of my bed and quickly made it, then I set out a twenty one pilots t-shirt and a pair of black ripped shorts. I then put my black Vans high tops on the ground by my bed. I grabbed a towel and walked into the bathroom.

-

By the time that I got to Starbucks it was 1:00. I was greeted by an angry Amelia and a Venti Carmel Mocha. We discussed the plan for the day. And then walked to the campus, where we decided to do a small bit of shopping for school supplies at the student store.

-

At 3:00 we headed to Amelia's dorm where we gathered up all her makeup in a bag, straightened our hair, and packed food, and water. No blankets or pillows though, because we didn't want to have to carry those with us to the concert tomorrow. We also stopped by my room where we grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste.

-

At six o'clock we arrived at the venue and got in line. We prepared ourselves for a long night and decided we would take turns walking to the local coffee shop to buy coffee for the next several hours. When we go to the venue, we were surprised to find that we were only the 9th or 10th people there. I set out the blankets and prepared my self for the long day ahead of us while Amelia went on the first coffee run.

When she came back she handed me an iced coffee and asked, "Hey, are you doing okay?" I had stayed pretty quiet all day. I was having a hard time focusing. I had Josh on my mind the past several days and I couldn't seem to stop thinking about him.

"I'm fine. I'm still flabbergasted by 'The Encounter' the other day," I said, imitating air quotes when I said "The Encounter". I knew that meeting him shouldn't have kept my thoughts busy, because I knew it would never happen again, but I couldn't help but think, 'What if I do meet him again? What happens then?'