Chapter 13: We The People

Miriam

"Sergio, I'm gonna need you to tone it down in the meeting later."  I talked to the boy with the hair that went down to his butt. "Your always here." My hand shot up over both of our heads. "But I need you about here." I lowered aforementioned hand to my waist.

Sergio nodded.

"Okay. Good. I'll see you later." I waved at him before turning to Dana who looked at me weirdly.  "What?"

"You seem to be in a good mood." The words left her slowly like she was testing the waters first.

"Is that a bad thing?" I didn't feel any different. I still hated Sergio and almost every other person at Monroe High.

"N-no  no it's super good actually." She stuttered. "Usually when you talk to him it ends with you saying and I quote: 'Get out of my sight, you Hippie bastard.'" She said the last bit quietly, fearing Sergio would hear her.

"Well I had a good weekend." I smiled slightly remembering the dinner at the Lucas house. A brief memory of Cassius' very luscious abs flittered through my mind and I felt my mood lighten up a little more.

"I'm just saying I don't know what's gotten you in this mood and it's weird."

My eyes darted past her to see Cassius's tall form headed towards us. We made eye contact as he moved through the crowd. I focused back on Dana who had turned to see who I was looking at.

"Oh it's the guy that had you punching walls last week." She rolled her eyes at me. I couldn't find a smart response so I settled for a simple snort. Her eyes began to widen and I knew what was coming. "Did you guys like have sex or something?"

My hand shot out and instinctively pinched her shoulder. Dana let out a small cry of pain, rubbing the area I pinched.

"Why did you pinch me?"

"Why are you such a pervert?"

Her frown deepened, "Wait so you guys didn't-?" Dana stopped talking just as Cassius moved next to us.

"Hey Cass." I made sure to warn Dana with my eyes. Cassius' eyebrow rosed and twisted his head. "What? I thought it was a cool nickname."

His face relaxed and he simply stood there, unresponsive as usual but there was something in his eyes that told me that he was still amused.

A cough broke our eye contact.

"What's up!" Jackson stood in front us smiling like a maniac. His hand was raised, offering a high five. Cassius stared at his hand for a few seconds before Jackson slowly lowered his hand. "Miriam, Dana, good to see you guys too." 

"Yeah, yeah. Keep the formalities, Jackson." His smile only widened and then I turned to the Adonis to remind him of our plans. "Don't miss the meeting today and don't flake on us. I heard rumors about how you love to do that." I hope he would of heard the sarcasm in my voice.

The first thing we do is go over the meeting's itinerary. Mostly about smaller things. My mind wonders off as our Secretary, Ethan drones about issues that student council has to fix.

"Today we put to a vote two items," I tune in again, knowing it's gonna be about Cassius. "The first one is a vote on whether to pass the executive order of adding Cassius Lucas to student council."A bomb breaks throughout the room as each year of students begin saying things I can't make out.

"WE DO THIS IN AN ORDERLY FASHION OR  THERE WONT BE A VOTE." My voice boomed over my peers. They were partially the reason why I had such a short temper and why we needed a Sergeant-in-arms.

"I don't even see why we need one. You basically do the job every meeting ." The Junior Vice President popped her gum at the end that ticked another nerve in me.

"I don't want to do the job. I'm busy enough as it is."

"Why him though?"Another voice shot out and we all looked back to the boy leaning against the wall. Cassius looked back at all of us with such a glare.

"Well just look at him." I pointed my index towards him. "He's like two hundred pounds of intimidation and muscle."

The questions ceased after a few minutes and it was time to vote. Everyone had a little sheet of paper to write yes or no on. Ethan went around and collected the votes, purposely skipping Sergio.

"Shouldn't my vote count?" Sergio's voice shot out from the corner.

"Nah you're a temp anyway." Ethan shrugged him off.

"That doesn't seem fair." The freshman treasurer voiced his unnecessary opinion.

"Ethan," I sighed at him. "Get his dumb vote and hurry up and count them."

"He's in." The announcement was yelled. The room clapped albeit non genuinely.

"Okay now that that's done, time for the second voting. Next form of business is a vote on whether Miri and I should get back together." The whole room groaned.

I jumped up thoroughly embarrassed. "Well looks like an unanimous no so, meeting concluded. Does anyone second this?" A voice shot out. "Okay and can we get a third to wrap up this shit show."

"I third." Dana ended the meeting and everyone left the room.

Hellooo just dropping this off and going. For some reason I already had this gif placed and I'm too lazy to take it out so 🤗

Update: @mArKaLa_sImPsON made this beautiful edit of  Zendaya and there  it is. Go show her love in the comments and on her page pls

Anyway, Merry Christmas 🤤