Chapter 8

He picked up the fork and began eating them, biting off as much as his smaller scaled mouth could take at once. He didn't even take the time to taste them- he just swallowed them after one or two chews. He really was hungry.

"Sorry it's not much. I figured this would be enough anyway." You didn't get an answer from the doll who was enjoying their food too much to listen.

"So, do you ever plan on getting out of that body of yours?" You asked out of the blue, and Chucky slowed down his eating to reply. You'd brought him in out of the rain and fed him, so he supposed the least he could do is have a decent conversation with you.

"Well" he sighed, stoping to swallow the food he had in his mouth, "I could try. But it's not worth the effort."

You leaned forward across the table, resting your head on your hands, "oh yeah? How so?"

"I didn't tell you this earlier, but getting out of a body isn't as easy as leaving your original behind. The only person I can possess successfully now is whoever I first let in on the fact that I'm actually alive."

You tilted your head in confusion. "What's so hard about that?"

"The first person I told was a little shit called Andy Barclay. I have no idea where he is, and once this body goes completely human I'll be stuck in here for good." He said, which was somewhat alarming to you. You shifted in your chair, looking him in disbelief.

"Then how can you be so calm about it? Surely you want to get out of there?" You interrogated. The doll sighed and munched on another bit of food.

"Why bother? The slippery fucker's just gonna kill me again."

"Again?" You repeated, emphasising the word. What could he possibly mean again?

"That kids killed me three times now. He's turned me into a Chucky-que, shot me, melted me with acid, blew me up and thrown me into a giant fan. He finds a way to make it more painful every fuckin' time.

"How the heck do you keep coming back?" You questioned with eager curiosity. While you were completely freaking out over the whole thing, Chucky seemed very submissive about it. It was odd considering he was the one that had experienced it all.

"To hell if I know. I take a short visit to hell, then I end up on earth again. I'm pretty sure the Good Guy company keeps remaking me, not that I'm complaining about it." He answered honestly. You wanted to ask him what hell was like, but a part of you really didn't want to know, so you decided to get the conversation back on track.

"Is there any other way to get out of that body?"

He suddenly growled. "Not without my amulet. But that's been lost for decades now, probably smashed. Andy's my only hope, but I'm not stepping anywhere near that piece of shit. Not this time. I'd rather live on as a plastic freak than not live at all."

"Fair point." You hummed, watching the dolls little and precise movements. It was still pretty interesting to you how he had so much movement in a dolls body, even if he was turning human. And the way his face could instantly switch between artificial plastic to scrunched up and devilish.

Now he looked pretty still, but not in a good way. He looked as though he was having a breakdown or a crisis, probably realising the gravity of his situation having said it out loud. You'd call yourself crazy, but you actually felt sorry for him. Again, you blamed it on his childlike face and body as you thought up a solution to help him out.

"Hey, maybe it isn't that bad." You started, gulping when the killers intense eyes trailed up to you as he paused his eating. "I mean, isn't it a lot easier being a doll anyway? You can sneak around a lot easier, you'd be unexpected every time, you don't have to worry about finger prints at the crime scene because everyone thinks you're dead, and, best of all, nobody would ever suspect you."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing coming from your own mouth. You were seriously giving a serial killer advice that would let him get away undetected and unsuspected after he kills someone. You couldn't understand why you hadn't done anything to stop him yet.

But a strange part of you didn't want to do anything, and in fact felt honoured. Why? Because he wasn't killing you, and by the looks of it thus far he wasn't planning to either. Everybody else who'd come into contact with him had been attacked or killed as far as you knew, so the fact that he was just sitting there talking to you was crazy. What made you different from everybody else?

Your deep thinking had distracted you from his wide eyes that were flicking between the two of your eyes.

"You know, you're actually right." He realised with sudden glee, "Maybe this body ain't so bad."

You opened your mouth to speak another word, but the killer doll interrupted you with a long wide yawn. It was weird seeing a doll do something so human, but you didn't say anything on the topic. Instead you thought about sleep, not only for Chucky but for yourself too.

"Tired?"

"Fucking drained." He answered, stretching his arms above his head. Despite knowing it was wrong to do so, you smiled warmly. It was completely crazy but you wanted him to get a good nights rest, despite knowing how he's caused many people to suffer.

"Well, I've got a bed you can use upstairs, if you want. I don't mind sleeping somewhere else for tonight." You offered. He raised a confused brow at you and your openness.

"What's with all the kiss-ass attitude all of a sudden? Didn't you have me chained up earlier?" He pushed, making you feel a little awkward.

"Yeah, well I'm having a change of heart." You snapped, a bit angry with the way he was making things hard for you. You didn't see why he couldn't just roll with it. "Do you want the bed or not?"

"Yes! I fucking need it! Is that what you wanted to hear?" He spat back. He was obviously tired by the way his voice slurred slightly, resembling a drunk person, so you didn't feel like arguing with him.

"Okay, I'll sleep on the couch. I'm definitely not sleeping with you, that's for sure. You know where my room is, so just make your way up there. And don't mess with anything along the way- I've hidden all the sharp objects from you just in case." You instructed as he climbed off the table. You watched him stand there for a bit, just looking at you.

"Ummm" you sounded, eyeing him back strangely. When he didn't answer, you bent over slightly to reach him and gave him a gentle shove in the right direction. He started walking then, and you watched him go up the stairs yawning. "That was weird."

You didn't have a blanket with you downstairs on the couch, so you decided just to sleep in your clothes. In any normal circumstance you would never do something so unhygienic, but all that you could think or care about at the moment was the fact that a living doll was in your house, and he was sleeping upstairs. That's not something that happens everyday!

So, with the thought of the impossible living toy in your mind, it didn't come as much of a surprise that you couldn't get to sleep very well that night. You tossed and turned for what felt like an eternity, when really it was half an hour. It was at that time your body couldn't handle the need for sleep any longer, and put itself to sleep. Your mind was finally at rest.

...

You were awoken by the feeling of cold steel pressed up against your neck.