thorns

Edds pov

I stepped out I never thought I'd see him so vulnerable his expressions saddened maybe by the pain, maybe doubt. I doubt id find out any time soon tom was too busy sulking in the corner "what's up with you-"I was cut off by tom "that sure as hell isn't Tord..."he growled out and I sat next to him to get him to quiet down "Tom your being too loud Tords been through a lot lately it is him he's just a little... broken. "

Tords pov

I felt like I needed someone to make the thoughts stop I just wanted to sleep this off but I couldn't I almost lost my life yesterday, I felt the tears sting at my eyes as they fell down in heavy streams and I lost my breath as I sobbed and my voice hitch ." god what is my problem ." I asked myself though I wouldn't respond back.

The days passed by like a dream days felt like they blurred together I couldn't say for certain which days were which. But after a month I was given the option from Edd to try again and take his second chance or to leave and continue what I started. It was a crushing dictions one that I didn't want to make but I had to make it soon.

I knew what I wanted ...

~Time skip~

Tom's pov

I sighed I was approaching his door. Today was his last day and I was forced to go pick him up. As I approached the door I heard him talk "no.... I'm not going back. I can't betray them anymore. The sound of a click alarmed me as he sounded like he gasped and then there were crashing and a gun shot. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge. I started to get worried and rushed outside to climb through the window which was thankfully still a possible. There was a thick rose bush that surrounded Tords bed, and there was no way I was getting through that. I slipped out my pocket knife and started cutting away at the rose vines while trying my best to avoid the numerous thorns.

Once I cut through the first layer I saw Tord he was curled up on his bed sobbing I rushed in and tried to avoiding the thorns that sliced through my clothes like it was nothing. I saw the blood splattered on the floor and 2 men in solider uniforms hanging from the ceiling by rose vines I didn't even try to comprehend what happened in this room before I got here. I picked Tords body up as he laid limply in my arms still crying he was probably in shock and scared half to death. I slipped through the window and started for home.

<�_