21

Another amazing cover made by vivvistory - you know I love you, even though you try and steal my Queen on a daily basis 🙏 •

As I woke up the next morning, the first thing that registered to me was sore.

Not that the other side of the bed was empty. Not that I could barely move, nor that the taste in my mouth was horrid.

No; Sore was the first thing that sprang to my mind as I opened my eyes and groaned softly.

I had been an active person my whole life. I was bad at lying still, being inactive or just laying around, doing nothing, therefore I was used to hard labor, even used to the sore limbs after an intense workout.

But the soreness that filled my body now as I shifted one inch was beyond anything I had ever tried. My body ached, throbbed and spasmed as I tried to move, but the pulsing between my legs was something completely else. Holy hell.

I closed my eyes again and couldn't help the inappropriate smile that lifted to my lips. My body was wrecked, but I had never felt so... sated. God, I knew I shouldn't, but the stupid smile that kept spreading as I shifted again and felt the ache once more, it was unstoppable and made me bite into my lower lip to stop. I was such a masochist.

Five times. Five times during the night had Charlie nudged me and pulled me into his arms before gently thrusting into me again. Over and over again he filled my body with that special Creature loving, made me feel whole as he held me close while he groaned against my lips that he loved it. He loved sinking into me, loved completing me with his seeds and watching me come undone over and over again by what he did.

And, as he also kept saying on repeat last night as well, he loved me.

I exhaled softly and let that seep into me all over again. I still hadn't said the words back. I couldn't say them any more than I could move.

Charlie said he loved me, but did he really? He had never known love before me, but he would definitely know love after me. He said he didn't understand it before he met me, but that was because he had never met anyone but me.

There were other women out there. Women who were more beautiful, women that were smarter than me, women who could teach him stuff that I couldn't. He loved me because he didn't know better. He had no comparison, had no idea that there was more than just my kind of love out there.

Didn't know that some kinds of love were more addictive and potent than others.

- And when it came to potent love, Charlie's was as potent as it came.

He would find someone better than me one day, but I'd never find someone who could ever possibly top him. That was why I couldn't admit my feelings to him... because when he finally left in under a month, I would lose his love forever, but he could find mine again somewhere else. And I'd be broken beyond repair.

I shut the depressing thoughts out of my head and tried to focus on the positive again—the positive being how I was feeling right now, in this moment; happy, content and so goddamn sore.

I was in the middle of the task of getting up from the bed when the bedroom door opened and Charlie walked in. He was sweating from top to toe, wearing his workout clothes and holding his water bottle. When he saw me lying there, awake, his gorgeous face split in a smile and he came closer, setting his bottle down. "You're awake."