27

The song fits perfectly and it's sung by none other than ours truly ClarisseFon . You don't want to miss it, trust me. Above and beyond, thank you, darling

I woke up to a pounding headache. Everything in my body felt... heavy. Nearly numb, everything throbbed, but I just couldn't move. My thoughts were a blur, but faint memories started to replay. Once the hazy movie ended, though, I wasn't numb anymore. All the pain from before flooded back and made water fill up my eyes.

I tried to open them, but couldn't find the strength to. Instead I tried to move my lips, my head, attempted to swallow to get the hairball in my throat out. It felt like I had swallowed a cloth, and now that I came to think of it, my lightheadedness could have something to do with the drugs they shot me up with. I quickly decided they were still working. Or perhaps they had given me more.

It was then that I heard a monotone beeping and quickly became concerned about something else; Where I was.

I attempted to open my eyes again, a low whimper making it past my lips. Finally, I managed to crack my lids apart, but everything was swimming. Blurry shapes moved; figures in white that in no way contrasted the light that blinded me.

"She's waking up," A female voice said.

"Sedate her again," Another one replied.

No! Stop! Don't do it! I wanted to scream. My head started jerking from side to side as I fought to shake the drowsiness away to talk. I struggled to find my voice, but I couldn't string anything together. All there came were more whimpers. Stop. Please, don't. You can't...

I started to feel drowsy again and that's when I knew they hadn't listened. Darkness pulled me down and I lost against it.

~~~

I slowly started to stir again. It could've been minutes, it could've been days, or it could most likely have been a few hours since I was last awake.

Careful this time, I didn't move too much. I focused on peeling my eyelids apart instead, trying to get a clear view of where they were holding me.

The only thing I knew was that they had taken me to the C.E.N.T.U.R.I.E.S facility. Where in the facility, I didn't know. From the sound of the machine beeping next to me again, it was most likely a hospital wing of some sort, or a lab. My eyes confirmed that once they opened.

Lying on a bed, strapped down by my hands and feet (this explained my inability to move), I was trapped on a white bed, hooked up to seven different tubes and machines that I could see. I felt wires underneath the standard hospital gown they had dressed me in, and wires were attached to my stomach, my heart and my ribcage.

They were monitoring me.

From a drip in my hand they were feeding me a saline solution and from another drip in my arm, some kind of golden liquid was being pumped into me. My eyes followed the tubes up to the bags and saw them hanging side by side like in any normal human hospital.

But I knew what they were doing or were going to do to me was the opposite of human and normal. It was inhumane and repulsive.

Gritting my teeth, I let it all hit me again. The lies. The deceit. The double crossing. More lies.

And Charlie. He had been a part of it all along.