Anger and Anxiety

Hate is an easy word to use. Think about it, while hate as a concept is a very primal, guttural feeling, it's also a super easy word. It's a word easier to use than the definition is to feel. Hate is hard to feel. Hate takes energy. We use hate for things we're afraid of, things we don't like, or things that have hurt us, generally. But, hate is a deep feeling of loathing that makes us want the thing actively not to exist. For example, I personally use the word hate to apply to exes of mine or my mom, but I don't actively want any of them to not exist, I just want them to leave me alone because I'm afraid of or angry at them.

To hate someone, you have to feel a near constant, preoccupying rage toward someone. I've hated before, I've let go since then because I've come to realize it saps my energy and will to live. We like to say we hate things though. Why? Because humans like to compartmentalize. If we can fit our feelings into nice, simplistic little boxes, we will. Even if some of the edges stick out. It's easier to cope if we can do that. It hurts less than to admit some things scare us, some things make our blood boil. 

It's a safety blanket. No matter how you lay it out, hatred is a safety blanket. Even if you genuinely feel it, if you don't eventually let it go, it's a malignant safety blanket that attaches to you and feeds off your life force, and I wish you godspeed in letting all of that go.