Chapter four.

A week later.

Jace pov.

"Guys I'm fine, let me walk." I protest and step sway from their arms. I look up at the Lightwood siblings who are watching me with big eyes. "I'm feeling fine."
"Are you sure you're ready to walk around again?" Alec asks. "I mean, with him and Clary..."
"I can do it." I assure them. "What has Clary been up to anyway?" I ask.
"We don't really know, reading I guess?" Izzy starts. "I didn't really saw her much. But if I saw her she was in the library."
"What about breakfast?" I ask. "And lunch? And dinner?"
"Yeah we see her, but after we are all done she disappears again and practically ignores us." Alec admits. I growl.
"I fucked up." I growl out.
"It's gonna be fine, she may ignore us." Izzy starts. "But we're still alive right? So she still cares." Izzy shrugs after that and we start walking. Towards Alec's room. Where everyone is waiting for us. We walk next to each other but notice they keep watching me. To see if I'm fine. I roll my eyes at them. I stop walking and look up at them.
"Okay, listen." I start. "Stop worrying, I'm alive and fine okay? Just.."
"Okay wait." I hear a familiar voice in the hall on my right. I stop talking and tense up. I hear Clary.
"What?" I hear Sebastian hiss.
"My heels." She tells him and I hear a thud. "Okay, ready." I hear a small yelp with a chuckle and meet them before us. Sebastian is carrying Clary in his arms. Her heels are off and she's wearing a bun with her crown around the messy red bun. It looks like she's in her pyjamas. Sebastian is in some joggings pants without a shirt. Clary's smile disappears when she looks me right in the eye.
"I see you're feeling better little brother." Sebastian says. How dares he, the motherf.... Okay relax. He smiles at me and put Clary on the ground carefully. Like she's made of glass.
"Yes I am, thanks for asking." I answer him and look back at Clary who's still staring at me.
"I'm sorry." She says softly.
"What do you mean?" I ask her. She didn't even have anything to do with this. Sebastian hurt me. Because I said that about Clary. Sebastian put his hand on her shoulder and she immediately looks up at him but back at me quickly.
"Just for, you know.." she says softly. "We'll leave you alone." She says with a quickly nod and drags Sebastian with her down the hall. I look back at the Lightwood's who shrug at me.

Clary pov.

"I don't want... I don't know." I tell Jonathan who's sitting before me. He cups my face.
"I know you still care about him." He tells me softly.
"As friends." I tell him. "I'm serious, only as friends." I tell him quickly and look him right in the eye.
"I know, you're mine." He smiles and gives me a kiss. "Don't worry that much about him. Stop battling your emotions." I nod and hug him. He's right. I'm making it too difficult.
"You're right." I tell him confused. "Why do I even care?" He smiles brighter then ever and kisses me deeply. I kiss him back immediately and he bows over me so I fall down on the couch. His knees are next to my waist and I start playing with his hair. He bites down on my lower lip and I moan softly. By the angel... He's so hot. Then I hear footsteps coming in. I pull away and open my eyes. I look up at see it's my mother. I sit up and so does Jonathan while our mother stares at us with big eyes and open mouth. "Shall we go to our room, my love?" I ask my brother who smiles and nods. He quickly picks me up in his arms again which makes me chuckle and we leave the room without another word. Oh god... she must be traumatised. I laugh at the thought of it and kiss Jonathan's neck.

Jace pov.

Dinner time.

"Your face looks horrible, are you sure you're okay Jace?" Jocelyn asks me.
"Yeah, I'm okay." I assure her again. By the angel... Jocelyn can get so worried. Overprotective much.. Then I see Clary walking in, followed by Sebastian. She sits down on her chair and watches Sebastian sit down with a smile. As she turns her head to look at him I see a few hickeys in her neck. And no, not one or two. But what about five? I start feeling sick and look away towards Sebastian. Who also has a few in his neck. This is so gross. As always Sebastian pours some red wine in for Clary and himself. But this time he also looks up at me.
"Want some wine, little brother?" He asks me. "It's father's favourite." I feel Clary's eyes burn into mine but I look straight in Sebastian's eyes.
"No thank you." I tell him. "I'll stick to water." While taking a sip.
"Suit yourself." Sebastian nods with a shrug and raises his glass while turning towards Clary. She also raises her glass and smiles at him. "A toast, on us." He smiles sweetly. Clary chuckles and her glass tips his glass.
"Did we miss something?" Izzy asks them. Clary wanted to give him a kiss but he turned his head towards Izzy. She pouted and sat straight.
"She's pregnant." Sebastian smirks. I drop my glass of water on the table and stand up. I look up at Sebastian with disgust on my face. Seriously? This fast?! That's gross! By the angel...
"Oh, by the angel no." Clary says and stands up. She looks up at me and shakes her head. "He's kidding, I swear he is." She tells me quickly. Yeah right... she sees I'm not believing it. She steps on the table, walks over it towards me and jumps down on the ground. Right before me. She cups my face and shakes her head. Her hands are so cold... I look right into her black eyes. "He's lying, he is. I swear to you he is. He's messing with you all." She whispers softly to me and strokes my cheek. I blink a couple of times and nod. "Are you okay?" She asks and I nod. She smiles weakly and drops her hands off my face. It feels like my soul is fading away while she walks away from me. I slowly sit down and a maid walks over and gives me a new glass of water. As Clary walks over to her chair she slaps Sebastian on the back of his head. He growls and looks up at her while she simply sits down. She looks up at him.
"You're pathetic." She tells him.
"No you are." Sebastian protests.
"No you!" Clary protests as well.
"Now they're acting like siblings..." Alec mumbles.
"You are pathetic Clarissa." Sebastian growls. "Enough."
"No not enough, who had to make a drama again?" Clary shot back.
"Okay enough!" Jocelyn came between. They both looked up at her with a frown. "You two are the leaders of Idris for god's sake, act like a leader." She tells them.
"Oh I am, but Clarissa here..."
"Shut up." Clary hisses at him.
"No." Sebastian smirks playfully.
"Shut the fuck up Jonathan, seriously." Clary tells him. "You're sleeping in one of the guest rooms." Sebastian huffs and looks away. I look up at Alec who shrugs at me. Then our dinner came in and everyone went to eat silently. Sebastian was done and normally he waits for everyone to be done. But this time he stood up and walks away.
"Uh excuse me?" Clary asks while looking up at him walking off. He stops and turns around.
"What?" He asks.
"What do you think you are doing?" She asks.
"Leaving." He answers.
"If you leave now I'll ignore you from now on." She tells him and takes a sip of her wine. He looks at her like she's joking and walks off. Clary smiles and shakes her head.
"He seriously walked off." Magnus says.
"It's okay." Clary smiles. "He thinks it's a joke. He'll regret it tonight." She smirks just like him. I shiver and look away. Tonight... I don't even want to know what that means...
"Still, I wouldn't accept it." Magnus says with a shrug.
"You think I do?" Clary smirks snd chuckles. "Oh no dear, I do not." Magnus smiles back at her and raises his glass of water at her. She does the same and chuckles again. I need to talk with her, apologise for what I called her. So when everyone was done I signed to Alec to leave so he did. Clary almost left to but I took her wrist in my hand. She turns around. "Jace." She weakly smiles.
"Can we talk?" I ask her and she nods.
"Yeah sure, talk." She nods. Nobody's with us. We're all alone.
"I'm sorry if you heard me call you a monster, I was angry. And I just lashed out towards you while you didn't do a thing." I tell her. "I'm sorry I called you a monster." She looks surprised.
"O-oh." She stutters and blinks a couple of times. "Well, apology accepted." She nods and I smile.
"Thank you." I tell her.
"Don't believe anything Jonathan says about me okay? Don't worry about it, just ignore it. He likes to mess with you." Clary tells me and takes my hand in hers. So cold... "But he also wants to become friends, well... not friends. But brothers.."
"Not interested." I immediately tell her.
"He's trying very hard you know, give it a try." She starts. "It may doesn't look like he's trying, but he really is." She chuckles.
"I'll see okay?" I ask and she smiles.
"Thank you." She smiles at me and squeezes in my hand before letting go. "I'll see you later okay?" She asks and I nod. We both walk off the other way until she calls me back. I stop walking and turn around.
"Since you apologised I may need to as well." She smiles weakly. "I'm sorry for the cellar thing."
"It's fine, he did that." I tell her. "Not you."
"Oh." She mumbles and I see she looks uncomfortable. "I'm sorry to tell you but he did that... on my command..." she admits and I keep staring at her.
"What do you mean?" I ask. No... please no...
"I told him to do it..." Clary mumbles.
"But..." I start and walk up to her. "You cried about me, on that stairs?" I start desperately. Please make this s joke.. she must be joking right?
"Yeah... I cried.. afterwards.." She tells me. "I'm sorry Jace." It was her... I shake my head at her and walk away. Leaving her alone in the dinner room.

Clary pov.

I walk into the bedroom and see Jonathan sitting on our bed. I look up at him with a sad sigh.
"Oh now you are not ignoring me anymore?" He asks me. "You give up quickly." I shake my head and sit down on his lap with my face his way. I wrap my arms around him and he put his arms around me.
"Shut up and hug me." I command.
"Yes, my majesty." He whispers and gives me a kiss on my cheek.

Jace pov.

"What's up with you Jace? Do the bruises hurt?" Izzy asks me softly.
"No..." I whisper. "Clary made Sebastian do it."
"Torture you?" Simon asks me. "No way, not a chance." I nod at him.
"She told me herself." I tell him.
"That's messed up." Alec sighs softly. I nod.
"Yup." I tell him.
"What do you want to do?" Magnus asks me. "I know you got a plan."
"Save her from that demon of course." I announce and look up to everyone. "And I know exactly how." And I smile.