Chapter six.

Clary pov.

"Jonathan?" I ask softly while standing in the doorway. He doesn't look up from his notebook. The one who's written in German. "Eh, Magnus is helping me with the accent... We just took a little break." I tell him. He still doesn't look up. Ignoring me completely. I walk over slowly. Carefully before I get shouted at... "Are we good?"
"You got that accent of yours out of you?" Jonathan asks me without looking up.
"Uh, Magnus says it's almost gone." I tell him. "It's just the 'chhhh'"
"Then we are not, come back to me when you're done." He tells me stone cold. I swallow and nod while walking out towards the library. I find Magnus talking to Alec and they both look up.
"Did you eat?" Magnus asks me. "That was too quick."
"I can't, I need to go on." I tell him. "Please." I quickly add. Magnus smiles and nods at me while sitting down before me. Alec stands behind him with his hands on Magnus's shoulders.
"What are you two doing?" Alec asks us.
"I'm learning Clary some German." Magnus tells his boyfriend.
"Nice, why doesn't Jonathan do it?" Alec asks me.
"He's mad at me, will ignore me until he doesn't hear my Brooklyn accent through the German sentences." I explain.
"That's harsh." He admits. I nod. Oh I totally agree. I really do not enjoy this...

Jace pov.

At dinner.

I enter with Isabelle and Simon and sit down at the dinner table. I look up at Clary's chair to smile at her but she isn't there. Then I look up at Sebastian.
"Where is Clary?" I ask him.
"I don't know." He just answers but then she enters. She looks stressed. So stressed out... Magnus and Alec follow behind her. She sits down on her chair and slowly looks up at Sebastian.
"What's up with you?" I ask her. "You look terrible." I admit. She looks up at me and shakes her head.
"I'm fine." She waves off.
"No you're not." Jocelyn says. "What have you been doing?"
"I'm fine." She hisses harshly and even raises her upper lip a little. Okay... She IS stressed out. Sebastian doesn't even look up. He pours himself some red wine, but doesn't fill Clary's glass like usual. Clary looks up at Sebastian with a sad look and then fills her own glass. Clary quickly eats her food and drinks her wine and looks up at Sebastian. "Can I leave?" She asks softly.
"Tut mir leid, dass ich kein Englisch verstehen." He answers without looking up. Which means: 'I'm sorry I don't understand English.' Clary looks at him with a desperate look. What in the name of the angel is going on? Without his permission she stands up and leaves the room. I see Sebastian smirk.
"You're too harsh on her, just so you know." Magnus comments.
"That's the goal, Warlock." Sebastian hisses at him. I frown and look up at Alec for answers. His eyes tell me to wait. So I wait.
"She got raised too good." Jonathan tells Magnus. "Clarissa should learn the hard ways in life as well." We all stay silent.

That night.

Jonathan pov.

I see Clarissa laying in bed when I enter the room. She looks up at me but I just casually look away and get myself undressed. I blow out the candles and feel Clarissa's eyes on me. After I'm done I lay down next to her with my back at her side. I feel her eyes burn into my back again but I just close my eyes and try to sleep. Then suddenly she hugs herself against my back. Very close to me and I sigh loudly. She doesn't move so I shove her away with one hand to her side of the bed. She slowly gets back at my side and wraps one arm around me.
"Clarissa go away." I demand.
"But..." She starts.
"No." I hiss. She sits up.
"But otherwise I can't sleep, you know that..." She whispers.
"I said NO." I growl out and shove her away again. Clarissa sighs and turns around as well. Then I hear her sniff softly. "Don't cry." I tell her. "You know how I think about crying."
"It's for the weak." She sniffs and stops crying immediately after that. "Sorry." She whispers. I don't answer and just close my eyes to sleep. And after a few minutes when she thinks I'm sleeping. She takes my hand.