Chapter ten

I straightened my red locks and did a bit of make up to look good for tonight. Alec and Jace are sitting on the couch while I'm standing before the mirror in the living room in my dress. They're watching tv but I just know Jace is looking at something else. Jonathan would kill him... I sigh and turn around.
"So, how do I look?" I ask. Jace scans over me and Alec does the same.
"Like a normal mundane girl who's going out." Alec answers with a nod. I smile and nod. That's what I'm going for.
"Thanks." I reply and look at Jace who smiles nervously at me.
"Great." He just smiles. I smile back with a nod. The two boys are in white blouses and black jeans. We're just waiting for Jonathan to come home. It's already 9 pm... But immediately when I start to worry I hear the door open and hear his footsteps. I smile at him when he looks up at me and walk over to him.
"C-Clarissa..." Jonathan stutters and I chuckle while putting a hand on his chest. "I.. You.." I never saw him stutter before... I chuckle again.
"Just get dressed okay? We're all waiting." I tell him and give him a kiss. He nods and walks into our bedroom. I wanted to look up at Jace and Alec and ask them about the stutter. But I saw Jace looking irritatedly at the tv. So never mind... I sit down on Alec's side of the couch and wait. After five minutes of hearing Jonathan calling I stand up. Inpatient as always I walk into the bedroom. I close the door again and look up at Jonathan who's standing before the window. Looking like a business man in that suit... I smile and walk over. I stand behind him and lay my chin on his shoulder and my arms around him. I smile because of the warmth this touch causes and give him a soft kiss in his neck. He puts his free hand on my hands but keeps calling.
"We're waiting." I whisper. "Come on." Jonathan looks up at me.
"This is about tonight Clarissa." He tells me. "About the person I wanted to meet up with."
"Go and talk about it over there." I whisper. "Please?" He looks in my eyes and nods. He puts his mobile against his ear again and says something in what sounds Russian. Then he hangs up and sighs. He turns around and looks at me.
"You're so beautiful." Jonathan tells me and I chuckle. I take his hand.
"Now come on." I tell him and pull him after me. I open the door and look up at Jace and Alec who also look up. "Let's go." I smile.
"Finally, you needed that time for your hair brother?" Jace asks Jonathan and I chuckle.
"Nah for his mascara." I tell Jace who laughs at me. Jonathan rolls his eyes and starts walking with me at his hand.

In the cab.

"Is it similar to Prague?" Jace asks Jonathan who nods. "Nice." Jace smiles at me. I smile back.
"Won't they recognise us? As queen and king?" I ask Jonathan. He's in the front. Of course.
"Yeah, but it's not like they can do anything, I'll kill them immediately if they try something." Jonathan growls by the thought and I roll my eyes.
"Relax that isn't going to happen." I tell him while taking his hand. He nods at me.
"Don't drink too much." Jonathan tells me. "I don't want any drama. And about the fairy stuff, don't even try to take too much." He tells me sternly. "If I catch you doing stuff to another boy then me I'll..."
"You know I'd never do that." I tell him. How can he think like that? I'll never cheat on him...
"Stop pouting you." Jonathan tells me. "You know exactly what I mean." I sigh and slowly nod. Jace. He especially means Jace. What he actually wanted to say: 'Don't be too much with Jace.' "Good." He tells me and gives me a kiss on my hand before we step out of the cab. Jonathan paid the driver and we walk inside the club. When we are inside Jonathan takes my jacket and kisses me right before Jace and Alec. I gasp and kiss him back. Then he pulls back and looks at Jace and Alec.
"Protect her with your life." He tells them and walks off. Jace frowns at me and I shrug.
"He's crazy." I tell him over the loud music. "Let's get some drinks." I look at Alec who just nods. Alec isn't one for parties, but he will enjoy hisself I guess. I walk towards the bar and we all order some drinks. I ordered a Bacardi coke. It's actually the only thing I know which contains alcohol. Oh and red wine. But that's not for now.
"Shall we dance?" Jace asks me. I nod excitedly and look at Alec. "Are you joining us?"
"Nah, I'll watch." Alec says. I chuckle and nod while we walk towards the dance floor. Me and Jace start dancing with our glasses in our hands and he starts to make weird dance moves. I start laughing out loud at him and he loves it. I join him with the weird dance moves and I notice people staring at us and I laugh out loud again. I'm not even drunk, I'm just having fun. Already. I take a sip while I feel a familiar hand on my hip.
"They recognise you as their queen." Jonathan whispers in my ear. "Act like one."
"I'm just having fun." I tell him and I see Jace rolling his eyes at Jonathan.
"I know, but just enjoy yourself and don't embarrass yourself will you?" Jonathan asks me and disappears again. I look around and he just disappeared. Whatever he may be doing, he's got his eyes on me. All the time. I know it. Now suddenly I have to behave. Ugh... Let me have some fun! Jace shrugs at me and starts dancing again. I dance along and take a few huge sips of my glass. I shouldn't get too drunk right? What about I don't even care anymore.

A few drinks later.

"Alec! Alec! Alec! Alec! Alec!" Jace and I cheer while clapping in our hands. Alec rolls his eyes and comes to join us at the dance floor. We cheer even more and I take Alec's hands in mine and start dancing. Alec starts dancing awkwardly. He's been looking out for us since the beginning. We got even more drinks and more and more and more. Getting drunk as hell. Haha. Get it? I laugh out loud and Jace just laughs along for no reason. But that's fine. My hair is curly again and wild.  I chug away my next glass and order a new one from the bar. For some reason the drinks are free for me I guess. I have no idea why but I don't care. I just want to drink. When I come back Alec is standing there while laughing at Jace. Then I see the fairy snow fall down. I jump up and down and laugh with a giggle. This is so much fun! I stick out my tongue and the snow flakes fall down on my tongue. They melt quickly and they taste like sugar. I look up at Jace and Alec. Jace is catching them as well. While Alec looks even irritated by the snow flakes. I laugh at Alec.
"Come on Alec." I tell him and shake his shoulders. "Be a bit happier." I smile at him. "Take another drink."
"I'm good Clary, but thanks." Alec tells me. "I'm just gonna sit down over there again and watch you two." I sigh dramatically.
"Finee." I sigh. He smiles and sits down on the high chair again. I turn to Jace who's dancing and he looks up at me. I dance along with him and catch some more snow flakes. This is so much fun!