BRING ME BACK

"Shownu hyung? "Hyungwon said as he sat next to Shownu on the couch.
Shownu laid his head on Hyungwon's shoulder and said nothing. Neither of them said anything really.

Moments later Hyungwon felt Shownu trembling. He was crying, and Hyungwon wrapped his protective arm around him like Shownu usually did for them.

"It's going to be okay."

"It's my fault." Shownu said in between his hiccups that were filling the room. "I was too late. I didn't notice, it was my job and I didn't notice."

"He is going to be fine. He is Kihyun." Hyungwon said, his own eyes glassy and gathering tears as well. He usually could control his emotions, but not now.

Jooheon walked into the room, not knowing what was going on. One look at the scene and he was instantly on the other side of Shownu, doing the same thing Hyungwon did. Feeling a surge of overprotectiveness to his hyung.

One by one, the rest appeared as well. Changkyun sat down in front of Shownu, laying his head on his lap hands wrapped around his legs. Wonho squeezing somewhere between Hyungwon and Minhyuk between Jooheon. Shownu in the midst of all of them, being cuddled by everyone.

They were to support and console the leader and each other.

Anyone who ever says that they are acting that they are close are just spouting nonsense.

One member is in pain and suffering, and it becomes everyone's burden to bear. And right now, the rest 5 are carrying Shownu's troubles.

**

''Kihyun, if you can hear me...'' Shownu's voice cracked. ''...I need you to wake up.'' Squeezing the limp hand in his.

Minhyuk and Hyungwon wanted to visit Kihyun as well, opening the door silently, but saw that someone was already there.

They saw Shownu, and he looked wrecked. Like an empty shell of a man he used to be.

They had grown accostumed to the ever smiling Shownu, but the past 2 months have been nothing but hell for everyone, Kihyun's parents, the group, the fans, company.

They keep on lying through their teeth to their fans every time they ask where's Kihyun.

The lie of Kihyun being sick with flu and is at home with his parents only worked for the first 2 weeks.

Then Kihyun hurt his knee and he doesn't want to show his face to fans because he thinks they are disappointed.

Sometimes the rest of the members acted like Kihyun was answering on fancafe to the fans.

Vlives were even worse than fanmeetings, because how are you going to wriggle your way out of Kihyun not being there at their home.

Everyone got more and more restless.

Their company decided that if Kihyun doesn't wake up by the end of the 3rd month, they are releasing a statement on what really happened and what will happen to Monsta X. Will they continue as a 6-people group or what?

**

''It's really lonely without you by our side. By my side'' Shownu said.

Every time he visited Kihyun, he talked more than he ever has, hoping that it will reach Kihyun. Maybe he will hear his voice and come back. He talked about what they did, who they met, and so on. He just talked.

''It's cold. Sleeping alone Kihyun.'' Shownu looked at the table besides the bed. A vase full of flowers, some were wilting already.

Shownu felt like the wilted flowers.

Half a month left.

''I love you so much. I wanted to tell you that under better circumstances. I had the whole thing planned out how I was going to confess. That photo exhibition you wanted to visit, but never had the time. And the restaurant near your college you sometimes went when you had extra money. And end the day by watching that movie you always recommended during movie nights but no one ever wanted to watch. And then I'd take you outside to the backyard, and hope that I never misread you, that you like me back. And tell you how much you mean to me. Wait for your answer, hoping for the positive one. And then I'd kiss you and whisper again how important you are to me. And thank you for so many things.''

The sound of the door opening shut Shownu up. It was one of the interns, young man he has become good friends with, because he visited when it was the man's shift.

''Hyunwoo-hyung, you are here again. Like clockwork.''

''Hi Jinwoo.'' Shownu smiled. ''How did your exam go?'' he asked, but still holding onto Kihyun's hand. It's not like he needs to hide it from Jinwoo.

Shownu and Jinwoo bonded during one of Shownu's daily visits, he needed to tell someone how he feels. Turns out they are more alike than they thought.

''I think it went well, we are getting the results next week.'' Jinwoo said, looking at Kihyun's stats. ''Oh.''

''What oh?'' Shownu was suddenly alert.

''There was a momentary change in Kihyun's brain activity, right before I came here.'' Jinwoo said, looking at Shownu. ''Did you talk to him? Because people in coma can hear what goes around them.''

''Uh yeah. I always talk to him.'' Shownu's eyes were shining with hope.

''This conversation must have been way different from the previous ones then.'' He commented as he replaced the empty IV.

''I'll check on him later, you should go home and rest. No offense to your good looks, but right now you look awful hyung.''

''You are only a few days younger than me Jinwoo.'' Shownu was pulling his hoodie on. ''Stop calling me hyung.'' He laughed.

Something he hasn't done in a while. Hearing that Kihyun reacted to his talking really lifted his mood.

''It's great to see you in a good mood.'' Jinwoo smiled. ''Hear that Yoo Kihyun. Someone is waiting for you. Wake up soon. I would like to meet you one day.''

''And someone is waiting for you too Jinwoo.'' Shownu smirked.

''AAh get out already Hyunwoo.'' Jinwoo threw a piece of crumpled paper towards Shownu, blushing a little, damn that playful Shownu.

''Fine fine, I'm leaving.'' Shownu stood up from the chair and brushed Kihyun's hair, exposing his forehead, and planted a soft kiss.

''I'll come back tomorrow.''

''I'll call you if there are any changes.'' Jinwoo told and Shownu nodded in acknowledgment, before closing the door behind him.

**

You could say that Minhyuk is the mood maker, but really, the whole mood of the group actually was influenced by Shownu. And today, today was a good day.

Ever since Shownu got back from his daily visit, he has been in a relatively chipper mood.

He managed to be at the dorm for about 10 minutes, telling everyone what happened and easing their minds before his phone rang.

It was Jinwoo.

''Yes.'' Shownu answered the phone. He was terrified. He just left. What if something happened to Kihyun.

''He is awake Hyunwoo.''

*******

Author's note

Hi hello. Me,  a mess is back.

The end is near. (sounds so ominous lmao) but what I mean is that the end for this fic is nearing. There will be few more chapters according to my current plan

Btw, Jinwoo OC grew on me, idk how he even came to exist but he did and here I am, hoping the best for him in his life. (I rly did google most popular Korean male names for this ahhaha)