I'm Stuffed

"What do I wear?"

"Natural or should I stuff them to make them look bigger."

"What if he doesn't show up?"

"What if he has told Phil about our plan?"

They were just a few of the questions playing on my mind as I scuffle around the room picking up clothes and putting them down, at the same time talking to Lily on the phone.

The mobile jammed in between my shoulder and ear while my hands grasp my breast bringing them up and then dropping them. Perky, natural, perky, natural, or perky.

"Quit worrying about Phillip now that you have the hunky Taylor, that boy is fiiine."

Lily has seemingly forgotten all about the plan to prepare me for Phillip and was now trying to convince me to go for tall, dark and handsome Taylor.

"Oh but what if he does know." I stress. My world would end. The green would no longer be on the trees. The birds would no longer sing a tune.

"At least he'll know you exist." Lily proposes. Although not the words I wanted to hear, they are true.

"Come on, let's get back to it." I adjust the straps of my Sunday dress and turn the phone on speaker, chucking it on my king single mattress that is littered with printed flowers on the quilt cover.

A lot of people ask why I have a king single mattress, but, why would I need a bigger mattress when it only has to occupy one body. I know, sad. A 23 year old who has never had a man in her bed.

I pull on some funky bed socks and cover them with some black boots, the bed socks make me feel better about myself. Some say it's not what you wear on top, but underneath – even if they were talking about bras.

"Well since Taylor is practically the ultimate ladies' man I'd say you have to dress to impress." She advises. "But don't over dress, it's a lunch on how to pick up guys, not an orgy."

Letting out a small laugh I grab a tissue box nearby, pulling them out until they form a puffy ball.

"So shall I stuff or is it enough?" I question. I have never really stuffed before, but it feels for some reason like I need to impress Taylor. But is stuffing to far...Would he notice?

"It's enough." Lily finalizes. "You have small breast, work them girl." And the motivational speaker is back, her voice the chalky phone voice when you have barely enough connection or you're to close to each other.

"Yeah, you're right." I quickly throw the tissue ball out of my hand like it was a ball of fire.

"How old do you think Taylor is?" I pop the random but important question. You've gotta know these things! Even though 'age doesn't matter'.

"Around 25 I reckon." Lily slips her estimation in. Two years older than me? That's not bad but for the sake of it I over exaggerate his age.

"Man that's old." I whisper. I can hear her give a fleeting sigh at my dramatics.

"Well I better get going, I don't want to be late." I say, heading towards that door of our shared apartment. Ha ha I'm always late, no matter what. It's a curse that I seem to have been gifted with through-out high school.

Seeing Lily in the lounge room, sprawled out across are forty dollar vintage couch. With a bag of Doritos in hand.

Her head turns to me and she lowly whistles. "Looking good girl."