The 'Package'

I must have fallen asleep after being demanded to attend a Twenty-eight year old party, because I was woken up by a ray of sunlight peeking through the blinds.

A smile graces my face as I realize that Taylor had tucked me in. He is really starting to turn things around. I place 50 dollars that he is going to ruin it.

He said that the party was tonight and that we had to get costumes before 3, so if we both hated them then we would have time to pick a new one.

"D." I hear Lily's voice from a distance, the thick white wall shielding me from her. Please let me slip Lily, I beg of you.

"D." Lily's voice is closer now, and I know she is right by the door. But I continue to snuggle into my pillows and quilt, trying to rest as much as I can.

But not too long after I hear the door knob turn.

Bracing for impact I tense my muscles, and just in time as Lily dives onto the bed.

The springs bouncing up and down, making me moan from my brain waking up. Let me sleep.

"So tell me tell me tell me, what did he do to you? Did he touch your boob?" She lifts the quilt, exposing me to the morning air causing me to let out a groan at the chilliness. Why does she do this to me?

"No." I laugh, or attempt to laugh but it's more of a morning croak. Still lying with my eyes close I revisit the events.

"He actually made me feel self-conscious for being myself but then made me like him more? I don't know it was a confusing night. It's like he is scared to have fun...like he actually was so embarrassed by me and was questioning why he brought me to this fancy place. But then he was really nice." I babble, still not fully understanding him.

"So, he is a dickhead?" She asks, sounding disappointed.

"Yeah, and it makes me more attracted to him?" I don't know how it works, I guess it's the whole 'be mean keep them keen'?

She nods her head in understatement, although she probably is just as confused as I am.

"He invited me to a party though."

Lily's head snaps up at the statement, looking like a kid at Christmas.

"WOO." She starts bouncing on the bed. "YAAS, you're in D, what are you going to wear?"

Already have been woken up I give in to actually getting, prepping myself on my elbows watching this gooba go crazy.

"I think you've forgotten that this whole thing is to get Phillip, not Taylor." Her excitement dies down, a downhearted half smile on her face.

"Yeah... but do you really want a good guy?" She jokes.

Maybe that's what it is? A bad guy that's only good to you? I don't know, stop asking me these questions.

"And it's a dress up party." I decide to add.

Her eyebrows raise suggestively. "Hmm what about a sexy chef." Her eyebrows doing a dance on top of her forehead.

I pretend to ponder her horrible idea. Making a pretend thinking face and a soft humming sound.

"With some sexy aprons." She leans in as she tried to sell it to me, her shoulder moving to her chin in a flirty pose.

I nod my head murmuring an 'hmm' before the nod turns into a 'no'. "I don't think that's going to work for me. I'm more thinking 'The Grinch' or something like that." Images of material I need to create the costumes flash in my mind.