three ;

| promise |

three ; tryouts

↬ l u k e

-

Wait what?

Did I just hear right or was that my imagination telling me things?

I looked at her shocked. I couldn't even get words out.

"Are you okay?" She tilts her head in confusion.

"Oh yeah, sorry."

"Anyway... It was nice talking to you guys but we've gotta get to class, bye!" Then ran down the hall with her friend.

"She's pretty." Calum drooled, kinda.

"I know right, more like beautiful." I say.

"Anyway, let's get to class."

-

First period was disturbing and boring. Some guys in the corner of the room kept making mouth noises.

Second and third period weren't so bad tho.

While heading out of the classroom, I reach for my glasses and put them back in my bag. I only need them sometimes.

While I head to my locker, I take Calum's advice to join the basketball team, and tryouts were today at 4pm. It's currently 3:37pm so I still had some time to rest and go change at home.

-

I pull into the driveway and see that my mother is home. Surprisingly, she wasn't home yesterday when I came back home from boarding school.

I open the door, and catch a glimpse of my mom in the living room watching the news.

"MOM!"

"Ah! Oh my god who is it?! Please don't hurt me!" She screams.

I burst out laughing at her reaction. She turns around and her eyes go wide.

"LUKE!" She runs up to me and gives me a bone crushing hug.

"Hey mom, why weren't home yesterday?"

"At a friend's house, but that's beside the point, you're home! I missed you so much honey!"

I couldn't breathe, she hugs too hard. I see my front door open and reveals Calum.

He gives me a look that probably means, "What's going on mate?"

"She's squeezing my soul, help me." I mouth. I think he understood because he decided to speak.

"Hello, Mrs. Hemmings!"

And my mom finally lets go of me.

"Hi!" She turns to me. "Who's this young man?" She asks.

"That's Calum, I met him in boarding school mum." I precise.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you," She shakes Calum's hand.

"Same goes to you ma'am." He says.

"Oh please, don't call me like that, i'll feel old, call me Liz!"

"Okay then, Liz." He awkwardly smiles. He turns to me. "Anyways, you on for tryouts?"

"Yeah, i'll go change, be down in 5." I say while running up the stairs up to my room.

I enter my room, change into my skinny adidas, and a black, long sleeved, shirt, I hesitate on wether I should wear my J's or not and I tell myself that I will.

I used to have shitty clothes before, I dressed like a nerd because I was and still kinda am. I also used to have braces and my hair was never up in a quiff like it is now, nope. Calum is the one who helped me with all my style and all.

I open the door again and head downstairs to see Calum on his phone waiting for me.

"Ready?" I ask him.

"I should be the one asking you that, let's go."

We head out to the driveway and we get into his car.

-

We get to school at 3:54pm. We walk to the gymnasium and are presented by a lot of guys.

We sit down on the bleachers and wait for the captain to speak.

It is 4pm and we see the captain heading towards the bleachers where we are all seated.

He had tattoos on his left arm, and if I saw correctly, he had a lip ring, like me and 2 ear piercings.

"Settle down!" He yells and everyone shuts up and turns to him.

"As some of you know, my name is Luke Brooks and I am the captain of the basketball team, and I will be deciding who gets in and out."

(So Luke Brooks plays himself obviously lol and I know I said this chapter would be in quinn's pov but next chapter will start in her's then it'll go on with luke and his tryout)

I will not have a schedule

-j.xo