PART SIX

Everything is perfect when I'm with you.

-

Life is moving beyond my eyes.

Somehow I trust in this higher power that has overcome me. Is this higher power love or the constant need to be great and different from others? The constant need to be accepted? Whatever this feeling is, it's what keeps me moving forward no matter what.

After that night in the Hamptons, I caught myself brewing for trouble. Nick and I collectively robbed 5 other houses. 100k total. At first, I was ashamed but now I get it. That rush of adrenaline that flows through my body every time. Every time I'm with him.

"See you're lucky we haven't encountered a rich lunatic in one of those houses. We want to be prepared though. So...I brought you here to teach you how to shoot a gun." Nick says exuberantly.

No, he didn't bring me to a shooting range but a beach. I'm still a bit puzzled but he assured me that nobody really comes here. The beach is surrounded by pastel colored rocks and pebbles other than that it's completely deserted. "The snowbirds know better places." He tells me.

He holds the loaded firearm in his hands.

"I know it might seem odd but I prefer coming here rather than an actual shooting range." He says while making eye contact with me.

"You have freedom. There's no target, just you."

I heard the soft click as he took the safety off. His dreamy light brown eyes suddenly turned to fiery pits of pain. Strong emotions welled up. I'd like to believe that he's thinking back on his situation at home with his parents. He doesn't say a word. He looks straight out to the jewel - blue sea and pulls the trigger. The echo of the ear-splitting bang went on for about a minute. Nick didn't bother to say anything until the sound became completely nonexistent to the universe.

"And bam there ya go!" He says with satisfaction completely disregarding his little moment.

"You try love." He says as he passes the little gun to me.

"You're not going to actually teach me how to shoot?" I asked but before he could answer I reassured him that I could figure it out on my own.

I look out to the ocean and attempt to block out the fast paced thumps coming out of my chest. I close my eyes slowly and remember all the times I was looked down upon. Vivian quit being so dull and live a little. Why are you so afraid to have a little fun? Damn, my life used to sound like every cliche introvert teenage girl in a chick flick.

"Uh babe... you do know that you have to pull the trigger to shoot right?" Nick says completely interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes yes I know, thank you." I say in a playfully annoyed tone.

I pull the trigger and shoot miles into the water. My heart rate slows down and suddenly I get a weird amount of pleasure.

"ALRIGHT! Here we gooo!" Nick beamed in approval while picking me up.

"You know I love you right? He chirps making me burst out in laughter. It's honestly adorable how excited he gets over crap like this, like a little kid.

He suddenly looks out to the water with a concerned face. He starts coughing hysterically.

"What's wrong - are you okay?" I ask.

"I think I might be... he stammers. IN LOVE WITH YOU." He beams, giving me the opportunity to slap him for scaring me.

"Yeah real funny, you got jokes Mr. Robinson." I say while rolling my eyes.

"Mhm.." He pulls me closer and locks me into a kiss.

I return the kiss which leads us both into an intense makeout session. He pulls one hand away from my waist and holds the gun. His eyes are still closed.

He pulls the trigger. I open my eyes for a slight second to see what's going on.

He shoots a bullet right through a green buoy.

You crazy motherfucker.

-

Yes, a year later I'm back updating a story you probably have forgotten about by now. I apologize. I went through quite the writer's block last summer and wasn't sure if this book was worth continuing. I recently checked up on my account to see that 1.1k people have viewed my story and honestly I would have never imagined that could happen. I'm not extremely confident with my writing at the moment but I'm working on it. I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported/showed interest in this book. Most importantly thank you for making me want to push further and continue writing. I appreciate it.

I will follow up with part seven tomorrow and this time I'm keeping my word. The story will most likely end soon but no worries the last few chapters will be a tad more lengthy than previous pages.

stay tuned. x