Chapter 3

5 hours later
"Huh? Wha-? Where am I?" said a voice. "Oh Chase, you're ok! I was getting very worried at first!" said Katie. "Katie? What am I doing in your clinic?" said Chase. "The pups brought you in here, they said you were bleeding badly and was unconscious, some of them thought you were dead." said Katie. "What?! Well I'm clearly not dead!" said Chase. "The pup that seemed the most upset was Skye, doesn't that make you think for a little bit?" said Katie. Chase just blushed at hearing what Katie said. "Now Chase, I want you to tell me what happened over the past few hours." said Katie.

"Well, Ryder and I were heading back to the lookout and then Ryder drove his ATV into me and I crashed, and that's all I can remember because I was unconscious afterwards." said Chase. "Why would he do that to you Chase?!" said Katie in disbelief. "I don't know! But Ryder betrayed us all and now I'm going to find out why!" said Chase. "Alright, well you're clear to go home now and Rocky and Rubble fixed your police cruiser!" said Katie. "Awesome!" said Chase as he exited the clinic.

  All the pups were inside still depressed so they stayed in the lookout, but Skye was in her pup house bawling in tears while looking in her scrapbook at all the moments her and Chase had. Like the one when Chase said "Yes! Skye's ok! She's ok!" "Awww! You were worried!" said Skye. Or the one when she taught Chase how to play Pup Pup Boogie. And when she nuzzled him on Friendship Day. But the one that got Skye the most was 5 hours ago when she kissed Chase. Then Skye closed the scrapbook and decided to just cry even more. "I miss you Chase and I'll always love you! Even if you don't have feelings for me, I'll always love you!" said Skye as she kissed a picture of Chase she had.

Chase was driving his police cruiser to the lookout and he parked it then walked in the lookout. "Hey pups!" said Chase. All the pups heard a voice then got up and saw Chase take his cap off and throw it on the couch. "CHASE!!" said all the pups as they tackled Chase down and started hugging him, they all got in a group hug. "I'm really glad my best friend is ok!" said Marshall. "Yeah me too buddy!" said Chase as he gave his best friend a paw five and a hug. Then Chase said "Where's Skye?" "She's in her pup house! She's been very upset because we thought what Ryder did, ended your life!" said Rocky. "I've got to go see her!" said Chase as he headed to the lookout door but Rocky put his paw on his shoulder and said "Wait Chase! Wait till later tonight when we all go to bed." said Rocky. "Alright Rocky!" said Chase as he headed to the beanbag to doze off for a little bit.

3 hours later

"Chase! Chase!" said Marshall waking his best friend up. Chase groaned and said "Marshall, let me sleep!" "You won't be able to surprise Skye if you don't wake up." said Marshall. As soon as Chase heard Skye's name, he jolted up and said "I'm up, I'm up!" Then all the pups went to sleep in their pup houses and Everest headed back home. Chase went to Skye's pup house and knocked on the door and he heard Skye say "Pups, I'm not in the mood right now! Please leave me alone!" Chase knocked again and Skye said "Alright pups, I'll open the door!" She opened the door and expected all the pups to be there, but she saw Chase standing there in front of her.

   "Chase?"said Skye. Then Chase just said "Hi Skye, it's nice to see you again!" "CHASE!!" said Skye as she hugged him and didn't want to let go and started to kiss his cheek constantly. Then Chase just blushed at feeling her kisses on his cheek. "I've missed you Chase! I thought I lost you and I don't ever want to lose you!" said Skye as she hugged him again with tears in her eyes. "You'll never lose me Skye! I'll always be there for you and all the pups!" said Chase as he kissed Skye's cheek. "Well goodnight Skye!" said Chase. "Goodnight Chase!" said Skye.

  1 hour later

Skye started tossing and turning then she had a dream about Chase actually being gone for good, and she was bawling at the funeral. "AHHHH!" said Skye as she woke up in her pup house, then she opened the door and walked to Chase's pup house and knocked on his door. Chase heard the knocking and opened the door to see Skye in front of his pup house. "Skye, what are you doing out so late?" said Chase. "I had a nightmare, a very bad nightmare! Can I sleep with you Chase?" said Skye. "Um sure! Come on in!" said Chase blushing.

  "Skye walked in Chase's pup house and laid down next to Chase. Chase and Skye went to sleep afterwards but Skye started whimpering in her sleep and started putting her paws in the air. Chase woke up and saw Skye with a sad look on her face while she was dreaming so Chase decided to put his paw over Skye and bring her closer to his warm fur and Skye stopped whimpering and started smiling, so Chase smiled and put his head on Skye's head and he kissed her head and he drifted off to sleep.