The Choice

He knew it was inevitable... But it was to save everyone; including his family.

     No longer Vegeta or Goku...

     It is... Vegito.

     "What?!"

     Chi-Chi and Bulma screamed in unison, staring in shock at the man who claimed to be their husbands fused. Chi-Chi felt her heart nearly break. Bulma clenched her fists. "You fused?! I thought Vegeta was smarter than to fuse with Goku!" She exclaimed with a frustrated growl. "This is what I get for saving you all?" Vegito replied with a sigh. The bluenette pouted and folded her arms. Then a thought occurred to her. "If you're fused, who will you live with?" She asked with an icy glare.
     Chi-Chi gasped and turned to Bulma. "What are you implying, Bulma? He can't possibly live with us both, and..." She trailed off in realization, feeling her face grow hot. "Of course not! He's living with me!" Bulma declared. Chi-Chi objected and scowled. "With you?!" The fusion between them blinked twice and waved his hands. "Wait a second, can't we just calm down and—"

    "You stay out of this!"

     Vegito frowned, then felt a tapping on his shoulder. He turned to his three sons. "So... what do we call you?" Gohan asked. His half-father grinned. "Call me whatever you want. But the name's Vegito," he replied, then smiled, "or Dad." The eldest half-Saiyan smiled faintly in response. "Dad, your power is incredible. I can see how you easily defeated Buu. I'm, um... sort of at a loss for words." His father merely smirked. Watching Gohan, Trunks turned to his best friend. "Hey, this means we're brothers now, Goten!" He said with wide blue eyes. The spitting image of Goku smiled widely. "Awesome!" He replied and high-fived his close friend, now brother.
The fusion smiled down at his youngest sons, then back at his wives. They are still fighting... over me? I don't suppose one would give me up, he thought, slicking back his bangs and sighing. "Why should you have him?! My son needs his father!" Bulma shouted as she and Chi-Chi met eye to eye with angry stares.
     The wife of Goku felt pained tears come to her eyes. "What about my sons, Bulma?! I haven't had my Goku in seven years! You were lucky to have your husband all that time, but Goten needs his father!" Her words caught Bulma off guard. Sure, she wanted her husband back, but not enough to leave Chi-Chi by herself. She let out a sympathetic sigh. "I'm sorry, Chi-Chi. I forgot you've been raising those two boys on your own." The black-haired woman softened. She looked toward the fusion, who was pleasantly chatting with Gohan. "No, you don't have to be. My Goku may be crazy sometimes, but he's a Saiyan. I suppose Saiyans have to roam free and such. He saved the universe, and I'm very proud of that."
     From a distance, the fusion caught pieces of their conversation, thanks to his sharp hearing. He smiled. She finally understands. He was taken from his thoughts when he noticed his wives walking toward him and his sons.
     Bulma spoke first. "We've decided." She turned to her friend. "Chi-Chi, you can have him." Vegito was about to let out a sigh of relief when the bluenette stepped up to him. "But, please come and visit us. I still want Trunks to have his father, at least occasionally." The fusion took on Goku's smile as he saluted. "Of course." Chi-Chi beamed. "Thank you, Bulma. I promise I'll have him visit you and Trunks often. He might forget." The two women laughed.
The decision was made. But the only problem was the fused Saiyan's large appetite.
Chi-Chi clapped a hand to her forehead. "Why me...?" Her youngest son frowned and watched his half-father gobble up the food. "This is... delicious! Much better... than Bulma's food!" Vegito nearly choked at the attempt to speak as he ate. The woman merely giggled in response, while her son chuckled with his hands over his mouth.

•••

     Vegito stood in front of the mirror, trying to keep down his hair like Goku's. He grumbled when it poofed right back up. He sighed. Having hair like his own wasn't exactly easy to handle.
     Goten poked his head into the room. "Hey, Dad?" The fusion stopped fussing with his hair and looked down at his son. "What is it, Goten?" He asked. "Trunks and I want to go to the park, but Mom says we can't go without an adult." The fusion smiled. "Sure. I suppose I can spare a few hours."
     The fused Saiyan flew with his son to the park, meeting Trunks there. The two friends laughed and ran through the wooded area. Vegito smiled faintly.
"Dad." The fusion turned his head, spying his oldest son. "Hey, Gohan." The eldest son of Goku took a glimpse at his younger sibling and Trunks, then back at Vegito. "Since we're alone, I would like to ask you something." The Potara Saiyan folded his arms in a Vegeta-like gesture. "Shoot." Gohan pressed his glasses into place. "I've been meaning to ask, why did you choose Mom over Bulma?"
His half-father remained silent after the question was spoken. A moment later, the fusion took a deep breath. "I've been hoping you wouldn't have asked me this, Gohan. I suppose it's inevitable with you." He didn't mean those words as an insult, and his son realized that. "Please, get to the point, Dad." The fusion sighed. "What I'm meaning to say, is... I know how your mother reacts to my desire for adventures. But at the Lookout, she finally understood. She's changed since then, and I want to encourage that. This does not mean I love Bulma any less. I just... have stronger feelings for your mother, especially since she's been alone when Kakarot was in OtherWorld." Gohan was surprised by his words.
The eldest half-Saiyan smiled. "I'm glad you considered living with Mom. She's missed you." A light tinge of pink splashed across Vegito's face; he did not answer instantly and looked away. "Of course. I have as well," he answered rather quietly. Gohan beamed.

•••

     After their conversation, Goten and Vegito flew back home. The fused Saiyan sighed in relief. "Boy, I'm starving!" He said as he pushed the door open. Goten laughed, then hurried off. His clothes were dirty from playing at the park with Trunks, and he wanted to change before dinner.
     Chi-Chi met her husband in the kitchen. She had seemed to be waiting for him. "Uh... where's the food?" He asked, scratching the back of his head. "We have more important things to discuss, Vegito." The fusion's shoulders sagged. "But I'm hungry!" He whined, wearing the goofy Saiyan's trademark expression. "Just a minute won't kill you!" She snapped. Vegito helplessly agreed to silence.
     She sauntered up to him with a broad smirk. "So... in about several months, we're welcoming a new member of our family. For the Son Family, of course."
     It took a moment for the fusion to process the information. Then his eyes widened. "Wait, I'm going to be a father... again?!" He asked, even though it was obvious. Chi-Chi sighed. "Yes."
     Vegito cheered. "So, do you know if it will be a boy or a girl?" He asked excitedly, a huge smile planted on his face. "Not yet. But in a few more months, we'll find out," his wife answered. The fusion grinned. "Alright!"
     Chi-Chi raised an eyebrow, guessing his thoughts. "If you think you are going to turn our child into a fighter, you can forget it. You're already the strongest." Vegito's hopes felt dashed, then he perked up at a possible scenario. "But, what if our son—or daughter, can't defend themselves in a situation?" He folded his hands in a begging-like gesture. "Please. At least for self-defense." Chi-Chi let out an impatient sigh. "Fine. But only for self-defense." She just hoped her child wouldn't become battle-crazy like her husband. Vegito nodded, but on the inside, he was dancing in victory.

My son or daughter will be the strongest after me. I just know it!

Decided to fix/re-upload Torin's story. Felt it was too dramatic and inaccurate of the Dragon Ball universe. Also will be changing up Torin's appearance and the book cover if I can.

Thanks for reading!