Chapter 35- Last Chance

Zach lay restless on his mattress. Two things were causing him to be anxious.

First, it was the fact he’ll be missing Rose again for months and she will be leaving soon for England. The second one was how would he break a heart. Not literally smash someone’s heart into pieces. It was not difficult for him to do such task for he was known to be a notorious expert on it; however, that part of him was long gone and only remains as a past part of him.

Rattling over his bed sheets, he jerked his body nervously. He debated himself on how to deal with his second problem. How to break up with his not-so serious relationship with his girlfriend who he just hooked up with as a patch to the hole Rose left and as an instrument to make Rose jealous or sorry. Technically, he hooked up with some new girl just because of Rose.

Wincing, he thought how an ass and idiot he was, swearing that’ll be the last thing he’ll be doing such thing.

Entered his room, Justin casually straddled across his bed. Zach glanced back to see his brother scuffling something on the cabinet.

“What are searching for?” he asked his sibling.

“Something you wouldn’t even want to know” Justin smirked in his reply.

“Geez, you’re still at it!” Zach whined, annoyed by his brother’s unstoppable hobby of being a player.

“You were like me before” Justin hummed.

“BEFORE” Zach emphasized as he crashed his face on his pillow.

“Say…” He mumbled unsurely, his face still buried on the cushion.

“Hmmn?” Justin seemed to be still busy with his rummaging on the cupboard. His black curls were long enough to loosely cover his inquisitive eyes that remained focus on finding something.

“How can you break up with someone?” Zach inquired nonchalantly. He stood upright by pushing his body up with the support of his elbows. Sitting with legs crossed, he stared at his brother who was holding something he wouldn’t even bother to ask about.

“As I said, I thought you were an expert to that like me?” Justin shrugged in reply, waving the piece of cloth.

“What the hell’s with the red hot underwear, man!?” Zach blurted, embarrassed by the fact of having a psycho player for a brother.

“This? Well I told you it’s something you wouldn’t even want to know” his brother disdainfully retorted.

“What the hell are you doing with that?! Don’t tell me…” Zach’s eyes widened in horror, pitying the naïve girl who would be part of his brother’s long list of girls…

“Whatever you’re thinking of is not what you really think it is” said Justin.