72) Mi Casa Es Not Tu Casa

"Greed has poisoned men's souls."
-Charlie Chaplin

***

Crystal took Robb to a lake side. As they got off the car, he called Rachel. She immediately picked up.

"I don't like this motel room. I wanna be there with you." She said.

Robb rounded up around the car. "You're safer there, babe. We have no idea what might happen here and only one spirit can go."

"If you have no idea, why are you going?"

"Because it's the only way I can undo my mistakes." He said with a deeper, underlying message which she, of course missed.

"Promise me. You'll be careful and your safety is your first priority."

"Alright."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

They hung up and Robb looked up to see Crystal draw some symbols on the ground around her.

He wanted to tell her everything. The deal with Alyssa, the dangers he could sense, the secret device on her arm which will help her teleport him..

He opened his mouth but Crystal spoke instead. "Alright, it's done." She dusted her hands and turned to face him. "Are you ready?"

He looked up at the star sky. Humans always believed the divine lived up in the sky. He had never thought he'd sneak in as an intruder in the Angels' home.

As if their anger towards Levi and Alyssa wasn't enough. The last Walker joins in on the wrath list, he thought.

After a pause, he nodded.

"I'm not very sure whether this'll work." Crystal said and gestured him to stand in the middle of the symbol.

"I have faith in you," Robb smiled and walked inside the circle. "You'll do it."

She smiled back. "If it's a success, you'll find yourself in a white room. It's where the door opens. Once you get out of it, you'll have to hide your way through until you come across a dead end with two side paths. Take the left one, it'll lead you to the tree. Right path is where all the Angles go so left is left deserted. Not even the Angels roam around the fallen tree."

"How'll I hide? Can't they sense me or-"

"No, I'll make you invisible. Not sure how strong the hold will be but it should be enough."

Robb realised that this is the main part where Alyssa would be assisting Crystal.

"Alright, how do I get out?" He asked.

"Just find your way back to the white room, the door. I'll pull you back."

"And when I find the tree, all I have to do is pluck it out with bare hands?"

"Yes. It's easy to pluck out, to give in to the temptation. All worst things are easy to take."

"Where will I find the gates?" Robb asked Alyssa.

"You'll have to search, I've never been there."

"I'm already on the clock!"

"No, you're not. Crystal will handle you fine. I'll back her up whenever she's weak. You can take your time."

"You'll be on the clock, Robb." Crystal said and brought Robb back to the present. "Hurry."

He huffed. "Uh, y-yeah. Sure."