Chapter 4

© 2017 D.S. Little
All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************

Jaren

I was in Atlanta working on a song with Tip for his upcoming album. Since I was already in the city, 2 Chainz reached out to me about coming through at his show to hit the stage with him that next night. It was going to be a quick turnaround trip but I decided to stay to do him that favor.

"That's the one right there." I told Tip as he stepped out of the booth after re-doing his verse.

"Play it back." He asked his engineer focusing hard on the song we were working on. He walked over to me and gave me dap, the song was hot and I wasn't sure if he was going to release it as a single, but I was confident in the verse I laid on it so he would be crazy not to!

While chilling in the studio alone afterwards he played some other songs from his album and after he played me a dedication song that he wrote for his soon-to-be-ex-wife, Tiny. I could tell he was all in his feelings and missed her. Him and Tiny had been together for years and nobody believed they would ever break-up, but Tiny had filed for divorce and moved out.

"Nigga, I heard you gettin married?" He asked me breaking into my thoughts.

"Next summer." I confirmed with a nod.

"You ready?"

"I'm ready." I grinned.

"You know that shit is hard?"

"I know, but I love her." I shrugged.

"The women...nigga they everywhere..."

"Been there already." I heard a lot of rumors about Tip so I knew about his ways. I figured Tiny finally got fed up. "You miss her don't you?"

"We been together for so long, before I even had all this shit." He let out a sigh. "I know I kept fuckin up, but when she started hanging with that nigga Floyd...I couldn't take that shit."

I just listened. I learned a long time ago to never judge other people or kick a man while he was down. We all had to learn lessons the hard way. I couldn't imagine Fatima being with anyone else so I quickly released that thought out of my head.

"It ain't worth it bruh." He said looking at me. "And you start lettin' other people in your shit...it can fuck it all up."

"Was it all other people though?" I questioned him straight up. He had to take some accountability too.

"I got caught up!" He admitted with a guilty nod. "You gotta be careful out here."

"No doubt." I said already knowing this to be true.

"Make sure you protect watchu got." He went on.

For the rest of the night we talked about stuff going on in the industry and other emcees we were working with on our albums. I left the studio feeling like I understood Tip on a completely different level.