Acknowledgements

I started writing this sequel terrified out of my mind as to how I was going to top or meet the expectations you guys had for the follow-up to Unapologetically Me!

I tossed around ideas and tried to come up with a story for my characters that was both believable for them but also entertaining for you! Nobody wants to read about a person's perfect life, but I also didn't want to just make up a bunch of drama that made no sense.

The idea to explore miscarriages came because you guys kept commenting "we need a baby," "enter Kairi," and etc. I thought to myself. What if her past surgeries and health issues (which is a real thing some women go through) prevents her from having the fairytale love that she fought so hard for. How would she accept that? How would he? How would that affect their relationship?

Fatima had been "old" Fatima longer than the changed one so when pushed against the wall and mad at the world she reverted back to her old habits of pushing people away. Jaren could see it and tried to love her through it, but everybody has a breaking point!

They both had issues and if we're being honest, he never resolved his relationship with his dad and that's something I thought would be an option to explore in a third book if I decide to go forward with one. 🙃He smothers Kaiya because he wants to compensate for what he didn't have!

But I fell in love with these characters just like you and I already miss them so much. 😭It was hard writing the last five chapters, I think I was stalling on purpose! I really love them like you do!

All my characters are my babies and they are hard to say goodbye to because I feel like I'm letting go of a friend. We've spent months together (them in my head) so it's difficult coming to terms with the fact I have to move on!😪

But we made it!!!!! And I'm pleased with the outcome of the book and that my girl got her happy ending with Jaren though there were times I was beginning to worry that they wouldn't.

I honestly thought the ending might be with them co-parenting. That didn't happen because my Jaren loves her too much and kept telling me, "I want her. Let me be with her." (Or maybe that was a Dave East dream of him saying that to me!!!! 😏😂😂😂I'm joking. Those who know me personally know that I joke all the time. I am happily married and love my husband but that doesn't stop me from joking around.)

You guys don't realize how close I came to not finishing this book and how close I came to really closing this account. It really got that difficult for me. But you guys...oh my gosh! The comments and the messages really helped to pull me through and I can't thank each of you enough.

I'm not trying to exclude any of you because I love and appreciate all of you! But I want you to know that for writers, readers are so important! We love when you read our story and enjoy it, but what we appreciate even more is when you vote for our chapters!