Chapter 17

Jasmine's POV

"When is Carlos going to be here?" I whined. "I'm starving."

"He's picking up the blood bags right now." Zayn said as his arm snaked around my waist.

"Do you think Rebekah got out yet?"

"Probably. If not then she will soon, but you don't need to worry because we'll all protect you." Louis replied.

"Thanks."

The house began to shake viciously. Everything was falling off of shelves. Zayn pulled me into his full, warm embrace as he ran his hand down my hair to calm me.

The refrigerator door swung open with force and pushed Louis into the counter. He hit his head and fell to the ground. I began to panic!

"Louis!" I cried as I tried to wiggle myself out of Zayn's grasp.

"You have to stay here it's too dangerous." Zayn informed me.

"No you're just jealous that you won't have my full attention! I don't love you." I retorted coldly. As soon as those words left my lips, I felt a pang of guilt hit me. I looked up at Zayn and he looked crushed. But I needed this time to get free and make sure that Louis is ok.

"What's going on?" Harry asked as the other three boys came running in.

"Zayn, what's wrong?" Liam asked.

I crawled down on the ground over to Louis. He was knocked out cold. Apparently a stake to the heart, fire and getting hit hard enough in the head can kill a vampire!

"Louis, please wake up!" I cried as I placed his head in my lap. I sat there and played with the end of his hair for about ten minutes after the house had stopped shaking.

Niall walked over to me, "Come on, get up love. I'll carry Louis up to his room and you can wait for him to wake up there, yeah?"

"What I-if he doesn't wake up!?" I sobbed.

"He will. No let me carry him up to his room."

After Niall took Louis and began carrying him, I quickly followed. Niall set him on the bed and hugged me. "He's going to be alright. You're not the only one who's worried."

I sniffled as he walked out and closed the door. I slowly walked over to the bed and layed down next to Louis. I took his hand and intertwined our fingers.

After a while I let go of his hand and turned to lay on my side so my back was facing him. I closed my eyes as tears slid down my cheeks.

I don't know if I'm crying because I'm worried or if I'm crying because of what I said to Zayn or because I don't know what to do. Probably a little of all. I feel like there's this hole inside of me that will never be fixed.

Hours went by, I was just lying there crying. I kept thinking, what if he doesn't wake up? And I kept replaying what I said to Zayn. His face after I told him that I didn't love him was stuck in my mind.

Suddenly, I felt and arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him. Tears fell from my eyes, tears of happiness. I turned so I was facing him and I hugged him tightly.

"You're awake!" I cried as I continuously left short, lingering kisses on his lips.

Louis wiped away the tear stains that were on my face, "Don't cry, Jas."

I was now cuddled into Louis' warm chest. I lifted my head up and brought his down. I kissed his lips. It was a sweet kiss, there was no tongue involved. I felt him smile into the kiss as I ran my fingers through his messy hair.