Chapter 9 HERE I AM

MUAYAD

"Who is responsible for your pregnancy" yelled father for the hundred time that morning  after i and Nuaimat reached home, Nuaimat who was squatted on the floor of the sitting room and has being crying kept on saying "father, i swear i don't know, i have never become that intimate with any body", "oh please you are no virgin Mary, so tell us who and we will peacefully ask him to marry you and the news will stay within this household" said step mother and i could swear she was smiling,
   "I don't know, i don't even have a boyfriend" she cried the more, ya Allah, i know something is amiss here, my sister is a decent girl, she will never get that intimate with any guy, but how on earth will she be pregnant, how,

"i hate it when you lie" shouted father, "i am not lieing, i don't know anyone" she cried the more, "look if she is not ready to tell the truth, then she will leave this house causr living her in this household will cause nothing but shame to our family" said Stepmum coldly, at that moment if there is any likeness i have for her then it is gone, how dare she say something like that, it's not her house so am at peace father will take none of her suggestions into account, "you have disgraced me, your mother, everyone" he said coldly, i can feel the pains un his voice, "for the last time, who is responsible" he asked, "no one, i don't know" she said again, "then it's final, you are leaving this house" said step mother,  "no she is not" i replied heatly, "if she is not, then am leaving, with my kids, and i will tell everyone in the family what your daughter did" said stepmother, truth be told my paternal family dont acknowledge i and my sister, they look at us like some sort of abomination and i and my sister cease to care either, "we could......... "could what, keep shush with it, no i won't, i don't want her leaving near my kids, not when i have a daughter to raise" she yelled and added, "if you don't make her leave, i will leave and am telling the family what shame your daughter brought home", Nuaimat and i looked up to our father,

NUAIMAT

I sat on the floor crying as i wait to hear my father's decision, he kept quiet for some time and then said "you are no daughter of mine from today" those very words hit me like a stone to my heart, it brought a cold chill down my spine and he said again "from now hence forth you cease to exist for me" my tears ceased and i looked up at him with my red eyes, "you are leaving this house now, and it's final" he added and with that he left the sitting room and there was smiling stepmum, she chuckled a bit and said "you heard him" with that she turned and headed to her room, i turned and looked at my brother as tears welled up in my eyes, "am going with you" he said as he  wipes his tears, "and give her the pleasure to see both of us out of the house, i don't think so" i managed to say with a sigh, "i won't let you leave alone, so please don't stop me, am not as heartless as father" he said, "don't call him heartless, he is ou....your father" i said with tears, "and then i stood up and headed up to my room, on reaching my room i angrily begun to un hang some of my clothes from the closet and within some minutes alot of clothes, undies and shoes  were squeezed into two of my boxes, just then my brother came in, i avoided his eyes and begun to zip up the boxes, "you can have all my cuff links, my perfumes, just use anything you think you can use" i said and i was trying so hard not to break down, "where, where are you going" he asked with his now cracked voice, i stood still and then it rang to me, where am i going, to whom and say what, and then it downed on me, no where to no one, that though which happens to be the real thing here settled in me with a thud, i then sighed and said "does it matter", "but you........, i turned to him and said "what matters is i will give you a call where ever i find myself, we will communicate, i promise" he broke down and hugged me crying, i wish we could stay like this for long, but it will never be, so i mustered up some courage and then gently push him, believe me that was the most hardest thing i have ever done, i looked away and then with that i pulled up my two and headed to the door and then stopped and said "do me a favour Ayad, don't forget me in your prayers" and with that i pulled my boxes and my big hand bag down the stairs, as i walked out of the house i grew up, the guard wasn't around and i was glad, with that i placed my boxes nearby and then walked to Abbah's house and luckily for me he was about coming out from their house, "hey" he said, "i know what you did, but i don't know how and when you did it, and i don't know what she paid you to do it, but i know for certain the truth will be revealed and when that is done, my forgiveness will not be that easy to get" i said with a painful smile, i knew one way or the other Abbah knew what was really going on, i can't say how, but the day i woke up without recalling anything, i opened my journal and saw my handwriting telling what i did the previouse day, one might wonder why will i keep journals, well its a habit, i have my late mum's piles of journals, so i vouched to keep alot too, i saw the writings, Abbah called me and asked me to escort him to a family dinner and i said yes, after checking my journal i checked my phone and there it was 'his call, the seconds we spent talking, and the time he called me', i then asked a close friend of his in that estate if Abbah had any family dinner and he told me no and added "he said was to pick you up for some outing", and with my curiousity i managed to get my step mum's phone and checked, there i saw her and Abbah communicate alot, my theory at that time was that My step mum and Abbah are planing something fishy, i was sure to right down every theory of mine, even how he avoided me, the thing is that i left my Journal in my room and wish My brother will decided to pry and get the clues and solve the puzzle, now only for me to be sick for just a day and then what, i am pregnant, deep inside me, i know and an still feel the virginity in me, but how will i be pregnant, am serous am still naive to that concept, because i have that particular phobia of anything that has to do with virginity, sex and reproduction, so believe me when i said, i intentionally missed the whole topic in Biology 'REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM'

With those words of mine to Abbah, i turned to walk away but stopped and said "and i promise you, you will be exposed" with that  i walked away to where my bags lay, grabbed them and headed to the gate, it seems like forever before i reach the gate and when i finally reached the main gate i stepped out of it with a fake smile for the security guards who asked where i was headed with boxes, i simply replied, "am going on a journey" they wished me a save journey and i walked on, but something happend immediately i stepped out of the gate,  i felt it for what it really was, my life has changed, but what kind of a change i have no idea and now i couldn't even spare the place i knew so well a second glance as i set to begin my unknown journey, the outside HERE I AM.