Six

Two days after, it is Saturday. An hour before I left, Kise and I had a conversation.

"I'll be back by eight or nine in the evening or possibly, tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Who will cook my food?"

"I am not your personal maid, Kise. By the way, it depends on the situation. If you're worried, you can come but I am not sure if you can. Our coach might scold me."

"Then I'll go."

"Defend me if I will be scolded."

"Okay, okay."

"That's my buddy." I smiled.

Two hours later, we both went to Seirin High as well as my teammates. I was expecting a warm welcome but I remembered that there are no classes today because it is Saturday. My expectations were too high. It's much better this way.

I saw Kagami and his teammate; he was waving at us. Kise ran to his direction. "Kagamicchi! Kurokocchi!" he shouted.

"I pardon Kise's childish attitude." I told my team. "Let's go to the court."

We left Kise with Kagami and proceeded to the court gym. It is pretty big.

As we entered the huge gym, we saw the volleyball team of Seirin, stretching already. I told my team that they should put their things at the opposite side. After that, I went to Seirin's area and talked to their captain.

"I'm hoping to have a nice game with your team." I said.

"I'm hoping one too. May the best team win in this practice." she smiled.

When I left, I heard the murmuring of the other team but that should not bother my focus.

"Do your stretching now. Ten to fifteen minutes."

After we did our usual routine, the practice or should I say, the mock game, started. This time, you cannot trust the other team to be friendly. They're snakes at this point.

One member started to serve the ball and therefore, starting the game.

A couple of minutes have passed and we won the first game. There is a set to go.

My ankle is hurting so bad for some reason. Probably my jumping earlier because I am the one who spikes the ball or does a mocking spike. Not only my ankle hurts but also my right shoulder hurts too.

I decided to take a rest and make my other member play.

As I am watching the mock game, Kise sat beside me and asked, "You usually don't take a rest when your game is ongoing. What happened? Do you feel okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm totally fine." I said. "Just a little rest and that's cool."

The game reached the first half of this set and I heard an insult from the other group. It angered me so much.

"Weaklings! Is that all? We're much better than you. Our leader is much better."

I stood up even if my ankle is hurting so bad.

"Calling my team weaklings won't change anything." I said.

"Let's see what you have then."

"Is that a form to make us angry and lose control of ourselves? Fine then. There are no friendships here anyway. It's just us, no coaches, just captains."

"You're a bitch, Mei."

"I really am but you are worse. Show your strength in actions, I do not care about your words."