Esmé Holloway- Chapter 2

"I'm late! My father would kill me. I have to go!" I panicked, knowing my father. He was always not home but when he was always annoyed or grumpy, Jemma nodded. She knew that my father was uptight, her father died a few years ago as a general. Her mother was also barely home. I raced home, weirdly not out of breath and even running faster than usual. What? I thought, I knew I wasn't the sportiest but this was fast!
I reached home in about five minutes to be greeted by a familiar scowling face at the wonder, I sighed and looked up, huh.. weird. There's a lady standing behind him, I wonder who she is.. I shrugged, the woman looked like she came from 1980s, she smiled at me as I saw her. I tilted my head, "Holloway, this is Ms. Peregrine." My father greeted me by my last name, "Ms. Holloway, delighted to meet you!" She nudged in front of my father and put her hand out for me to shake, her hand was firm and warm and her smile was reassuring. I cringed slightly as my arm was still sore from fighting off Axel.
I felt suddenly at home as a smile crept onto my lips, "You'll be living with Ms. Peregrine for the rest of your life." He grinned wickedly as I widened my eyes in surprise, But I only just met her! I looked down, sighing, I knew he would get rid of me when he could. "It's okay, you'll be looked after." She whispered in my ear and nodded to my father, we walked away slowly. "One more stop and we'll go home, good? Also, there are others like you.." Ms. Peregrine smiled mysteriously and started walking away, I followed her, "Others?" I asked, "Later, my child, I will tell you later. Patience is a virtue." She walked on.
After about ten minutes of walking a realised we were walking on Jemma's street, I shrugged, maybe it's a coincidence.. "Almost there." We stepped onto a familiar driveway, "This is Jemma's house!" I exclaimed, "Yes, Ms. Curnow's abode." Ms. Peregrine nodded as I wondered how she knew Jemma's name. She knocked on the door, a pretty girl stepped out, I smiled and gave her a hug. "Esmé! And.. you.." Jemma looked at Ms. Peregrine awkwardly, "Call me Ms. Peregrine or Ms. P," Ms. P gave Jemma her hand and she shook it, "Your mother has given me permission to take care of you, so has Ms. Holloway's father had."
She nodded and waited for Jemma to come, "Really..?I guess it's something my mom and Esmé's dad would do.." she murmured doubtfully, "It's true Jem." I nodded to reassure her. Jemma smiled and took my hand, "Let's go then, what are we waiting for!" She beamed and flinched, still slightly bruised from out unfortunate event.
We walked on.

A/N: Heyyyyy, feeling a bit lazy. Anyways, long chapter next. This is is 497 words altogether.. Bit short don't you think? Bye, see you next chapter!