Esmé Holloway- Chapter 4

As we boarded the plane I felt a bittersweet feeling in my stomach, I frowned slightly. Ms. P seemed to sense my doubt, "It'll be fine, my child. It will be fine." I smiled softly and took her hand, Jemma taking her other hand, "Where in London are we going Miss?" I asked quietly, "Cairnholm."
We took our seats, Jemma fell asleep and I sighed quietly falling into a daydream, Ms. P watched us like we were her own kids. I felt, for a long time, at home.
Where am I, why am I on a plane? I jerked awake and saw Jemma and Ms. P smiling at me, "Finally, you're awake!" Jemma exclaimed as Ms. Peregrine chuckled, "Yes, I am. Have we landed yet?" I said, a droll smile on my face, "Not yet, in ten minutes, Ms. Holloway." She answered my question, I nodded and looked out of the window.
"Please put on your seatbelt and wait until the plane has landed until you can unbuckle them, thank you for your cooperation." A scratchy voice came on the speakers in the plane, Jemma squealed slightly, "We're almost here..!" She said excitedly with a hint of fear, I rolled my eyes at her childish behaviour and slumped back into my seat.
After five minutes there was a jerk then a bump.
"We have landed, please wait until the plane has come to a complete stop before you unbuckle yourself." The loud voice came again on the speaker, Jemma had already unbuckled herself, "Oops, oh well." She shrugged meekly as I giggled under my breath, Ms. P simply shook her head. 
As the plane slowed down I looked outside, everything was dark with light illuminating the airport, I gasped in wonder with Jemma gawking at the sight, "Woah.." I said at the same time as Jemma, we hopped out of our seats and waited for Ms. Peregrine to do so. We literally raced into the airport and twirled around, gazing at the oddness of London, Jemma and I beamed at each other while Ms. P smiled. "Come on kids, we should be going soon." She walked towards the exit with us trailing behind like dogs, "Where are we going now?" I wondered aloud, "We're going to take a boat to an island and then we'll go to my house." She replied, Jemma looked around as we exited the airport, Ms. P called a cab and all of us hopped inside.
Half an hour later

I lifted my head as the cab slowed to a halt, Ms. P paid the driver and I woke Jemma who had fallen asleep, "Are we here?" She murmured groggily, I nodded and stepped out with them behind me. "We have to board a boat now, to my home. Is anyone seasick?" She said, I nodded slightly, "Well.. I can ride on boats.. But I might throw up.." I shrugged and looked down, embarrassed. She nodded as Jemma took my hand, "That's fine, we'll reach my house in an hour. You might want to sleep as it's quite late." Ms. P said, "But can you tell us why we're.. Why we have super powers?" Jemma asked, Ms. P nodded and started walking towards the docks.
We boarded a boat and I sat down, the boat rumbled and started moving. I felt the wind rush on my face strangely pleasing, I shrugged and turned to Ms. P, "Okay, tell us." I said and she started, "We are peculiars, peculiars are people who are born with a certain ability, Ms. Curnow's is weather and your's," She nodded towards me, "Is ability to morph into a certain animal. A black backed jackal to be exact." Jemma and I stared dumbfounded at how she knew all about us, she continued, "Us peculiars are hunted by another species, wights. Wights are the upgraded version of hollowgast, to know who is a wight and who isn't is their blank eyes. Their eyes are as white as unmarked paper, they've got no pupils. While hollowgast are monsters, once they consume enough peculiar souls, they become wights. These monsters are invisible to all of us except a very rare peculiarity which can see the monsters. We have one at my house, his name is Abraham Portman." We looked at each other in wonder, "But why us? Why not our parents?" I asked, "That's because it's not up to you to choose. Both of your parents could be peculiars but they may not birth a peculiar baby, it's just random. To hide from wights we live in places called loops, a loop is a day that repeats itself over and over. Only ymbyrnes can make loops, whereas I am one. All ymbrynes are female, as males cannot be trusted in such responsibility. Us ymbrynes also have a very useless trait, to turn into a bird. You might guess what bird I can turn into." She smiled at Jemma and I said at the same time, "A peregrine falcon!" We laughed, "Yes, a peregrine falcon. Any questions?" She asked, "If you live in a loop.. Do you ever grow older? And how do you enter a loop? Can normals enter a loop?" I asked, "No, you don't grow older. Each loop has its own entrance, hidden so that wights can't find us. And no, normals can't enter a loop, it's for their own safety. Oh, we've reached!" She said suddenly, I looked at where she was and saw an island emerging from the fog, I smiled to myself.
"Mr. Portman and Mr. Bruntley will meet us there. They'll escort us to our home." She stepped off the boat and helped us off too, we immediately saw two boys who stood there as if waiting for someone, their faces lit up as they saw us. "Ms. P!" They came walking towards us, "Hello boys, how is Ms. Avocet? Has she been taking good care of you?" Ms. Peregrine asked, "This is Ms. Holloway," I gave a small wave and blushed, feeling shy, "And Ms. Curnow." Jemma smiled and gave a wave, "The name's Abraham Portman, please call me Abe." The first boy said and nudged the other, "I'm Vicutor Bruntley, very nice to meet you." The second boy smiled, "Mr. Bruntley, may you please escort Ms. Avocet to the ship? And Mr. Portman, escort the girls to our house." Ms. P ordered.
A/N: I just realised that if Ms. P was away for days the loop would close. So Ms. Avocet is gonna stay for a while, that's hey she's here. Thank you!
They nodded and Victory ran towards the beach and Abraham took Jemma and I towards the beach too, "We need to enter the loop," Abe said as we reached a cave, "So this is the entrance?" Jemma asked, scrunching her face at the darkness, "Well, yeah." He rolled his eyes and went in with me following and Jemma at the back, I laughed and shook my head.
We exited the cave and a warm sunlight hit me like a bullet, "Woah, where are we? Better yet, when are we?!" I said, looking around, everything looked old and weathered out, "1940s. September 3rd to be exact." He said, running towards the woods, we beckoned for us to follow and we did, "1940s?! How did we get here?" I exclaimed while running, "Well you entered a loop, Ms. P told you that right?" He called over his shoulder, "Yeah, but she didn't tell us it would take us back in time!" Jemma called, surprised, "Now you know." He halted to a stop, in front of them was a house with children playing, it looked so homely that I wanted to just join in, "Wow, so that's where you live?" I asked, Abe nodded, "Come inside at take a shower, you're kinda filthy." I looked down at my clothes that were muddy and crinkled, I smiled, "Definitely." We laughed together as he lead us to the bathroom, "Clothes?" Jemma asked, "I'll ask Emma," he replied and ran downstairs shouting her name.
In a few minutes a girl and Abe an upstairs each of them holding dresses, "I call dibs on the blue one!" Yelled Jemma, I rolled my eyes and took the white one from Emma, "You shower first Jemma, I'll just walk around. I guess." I said and pushed her into the bathroom, I heard the door click shut and I sighed. My new home..

Okay, long chapter. Hope ya like it!!!!