Four

Nightmares plauged my sleep, making my heart pound and my ears ring. Yet when I woke up I couldn't remember anything that happen, every time I tried to think of what secrets my dream held the answer got further and further away form me. So I stoped searching for it, if I needed to know it it would come to me... Yet I felt scared of whatever the answer was. I stretched slowly, my back clicking and my joints ache-free.

Which was surprising since I had fallen asleep on the floor. The blanket had fallen off Pattons body at some point during his sleep, although it hung off my foot and pooled onto the floor.

"Salutations," Logan said just ad I noticed him sitting across from me. He was reading a book that I couldnt recognize or read the cover of. "Was your sleep satisfactory?"

"Uh... yeah.... it was. Mornin'" I said as I slowly sat up. and leaned against the bottom of the couch.

"Ah, sleeping beauty finally awake? Patton made breakfast.... or lunch anyway," Roman said as he walked through the living room and out into the garden. I must have looked confused at Romans words because Logan explained what he ment to me.

"It is 2pm, therefore the food Patron made is no longer breakfast and is instead a late lunch," he said, placing his book down and throwing me the TV remote. I somehow managed to catch the remote despite having no idea that he had flung it at me.

"Heightened reflexes, interesting," he said as he went back to reading his book, which only left me more confused. Although I was getting used to that feeling, and just walked away into the kitchen where Patton sat drinking his tea.

"Afternoon, Anx!" he said in his usual state if chipperness. He put his tea down and walked over to the microwave and took out a small plate of pancakes.

"Afternoon," I mumbled sleeply as I took a seat at the table. He sat the pancakes down in front of me with a smile.

"I don't know if you like pancakes, but if you don't I can make you something else," he said somewhat anxiously as I stared at the food. Honestly I had no idea if I liked pancakes, or if I had ever eaten pancakes before, but I knew that I would wear them even if I didn't. Patton was to sweet to disappoint.

"These are amazing," I said threw a mouthful of pancakes, and I was telling the truth. The pancakes where amazing and I got the feeling that the sweet man could make anything taste wonderful.

He blushed a bright red before smiling his infuriatingly bright smile at me. "Thanks Anx!" he said, his chipperness had somehow increased beyond possible levels of chipperness and I briefly wondered if he would explode from pure joy.

"'m just tellin' the truth," I said, swallowing the food that was in my mouth. The kitchen fell into a comfortable silence after that and my dream came to mind again. I had no idea how I could remember it, but maybe Patton knew something.

"Hey, Patton, how do you remember dreams that you've already had?" I asked, trying and failing to sound casual.

"Why?" He asked, a little to defencifly.

"I had a dream and I think it has somethung to do with my past," I said before seeing something flash in his eyes. Shadows curled around my feet as I grew uncomfortable, although that made me feel worse for some reason.

"I have no idea, sorry," he said and I knew he was lying. It was said a little to quickly and with a little to much force in it, making me instinctively flinch back. Why did my body instinctively do so many things that the others didn't?

"Oh, okay," I said instead of pushing him. I was afraid that if I pushed him he could snap and something would happen. Something that had already happened, the memory was at the front of my mind yet just out if reach, and the possibility of it happening again terrified me.

The silence was tense now and I had no idea how to break it, luckily Roman walked in covered in dirt and started a conversation with Patton. I sunk out of the room, wondering what I had done wrong during that conversation.