2: He Was Groping You!

^^ Ash ^^

I headed to the cafe at about lunchtime the next day. I fully intended to fill my stomach with greasy food and then go home and binge on Netflix. Shelby had texted me that morning asking me to meet her there, so we sat in a booth eating our food and chatting about our night out.

"Wait, so he carried you home?" She asked, laughing.

"Yep. I think I passed out soon after but I woke up this morning with two bottles of water and a pot of painkillers next to my bed."

"Ah, that's really sweet!" She cooed.

"I'm pretty sure I introduced them to that guy as little puppies!" I groaned, wincing as she laughed aloud.

"You also said that Smiler bites," I jumped at the voice next to me and looked up to see Ash and Jay with grins on their faces.

"Oh god!" Shelby laughed. "I love drunk you!" She slapped her hand on the table.

"Well, that's the last of drunk me you'll be seeing for a while!" I leaned my forehead on the table, laughing.

Jay and Ash slid into the booth with us. Jay sat next to Shelby, who looked at me with a wink as Ash slipped in next to me. I slapped his hand as he grabbed a strip of bacon off my plate. "How's your head?" He asked.

"Surprisingly fine. Although, I think that's thanks to the water and tablets that were left by my bed."

Ash nodded and pointed at Jay. "That was all him," he told me.

I lifted my head to smile at Jay. "Thank you. You are officially my hero!"

Ash scoffed. "I'm the one who carried you home!"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You kidnapped me. That does not make you a hero!"

Shelby laughed and waved at Tia to refill our coffees. We sat there with the guys for a while, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they're not always loud and boisterous. I thought Ash had decided not to flirt with me today until he leaned back and looked at me.

"You know, my shirt is made from boyfriend material. Just thought you should know," he winked.

Shelby laughed and I raised an eyebrow at her. I reached a hand out and stroked his sleeve, secretly loving the way the muscles in his arm felt. "Hmm," I said, tilting my head to look at his shirt. "I guess that explains the cheap look and disappointing feel then!"

He shook his head as Jay threw his head back and laughed. "I really thought that one would work!" He turned to look at me again. "You should come out with me today."

"Oh, I should?" I asked him, amused. He nodded, but I put a hand up to stop him talking. "Unfortunately, I can't. I have a really hot guy at home waiting for me. I wouldn't want to disappoint him," I told him.

His face dropped. "You do?" He genuinely looked hurt for a second, but he covered it quickly.

"I do," I nodded. "His name is Damon. He's tall, dark and handsome. And I've got a fair few episodes left of him to watch. So if you'll excuse me," I nudged him with my arm and he stood to let me out.

As I said goodbye and turned to leave, I heard him speak to Shelby. "She's talking about that vampire guy isn't she?" I laughed as I heard him chuckle behind me.

***

I know I said that I wasn't going to be drinking again for a while, but that doesn't mean that I can't go out and have some fun. I'd managed to persuade Shelby to join me again a few nights after our last outing, on the promise that we'd stick to just a few drinks. We'd both done it and were barely tipsy as we danced at one of the clubs just outside of town.