Chapter One

-Smitty's POV-

I yawned and stretched as the bell rang for the end of fourth period. I now had almost a whole hour to sit and relax before the day ended. I walked to me locker, opening it, revealing a  couple of pictures attached to magnets. One was of my friends from Canada after our schools championship hockey game, they were holding up Marcus, who was the star player of the team and had scored the winning goal. Another picture was a picture of my dad, holding up a huge fish and smiling. That was one successful day of fishing, and one sad day as well.

The next photo was of my mom. The best day of my dad's life, also became the worst. We had been driving back from fishing, and some dumbass ran a red light. The cars collided head on, and my mom got the worse end of it. Her airbag didn't deploy in time and she was thrown forward, straight into the wheel, shattered glass from the windows cutting into her skin. My dad and I were fine, a few cuts from the glass but my mom didn't survive. After that, my dad couldn't find work enough to help pay the costs of the car damage, funeral costs and to pay house bills.

So, after we had a funeral, my dad decided to move to this poor excuse for a town in the United States. The bright side is I got into a pretty good school, and by pretty good I mean better than most schools. I started going to this school about a week ago, and I still haven't made any new friends, and the teachers don't pay much attention to me. I put away my books, grabbing my bookbag, heaphones and the book I'd picked up at the library. I walked slowly outside, taking the long way to the front of the school.

-John's POV-

As the bell rang a jumped out of my seat speeding off to my locker. I opened it quickly, causing the picture I took the other day to fall out. I picked up the picture and looked at it. There was a kid with dark hair at the park the other day, who was wearing a really cute outfit, and he wasn't all that bad looking either. It was a black and grey flannel with a white shirt under it. He had black skinny jeans on along with red Converse, and he had a black baseball cap on. I was trying to get some scenic shots of the park for my mom, and I walked passed this kid.

He didn't look familiar and I couldn't really tell is he was, because he was hanging upside down on the monkey bars. His legs were crossed as he hung and the lighting through the trees made it a literal, picture perfect moment. I snapped a few shots from behind him at different angles, and this was the only one I saved. I didn't give it to my mom knowing she'd get mad at me taking someone's picture without consent. I stuck it back into my locker, grabbing my vape pen and bookbag, rushing out to the front of the school to meet Clayton.

I smirked as I saw Clayton, and walked over to him. "Asah dude!" He said smiling and stood up. We gave each other a hug, and we laughed at each other for a little bit. Groups of kids started to linger around us, and we knew exactly what they wanted. I looked around at the people around the front of the school, recognizing a few faces. The first face I recognized was the all-star football and rugby player of the school, Brock Jamison. Standing next to him, his arm on Brock's shoulder, was Brian Foster- who is (as rumor has it) his boyfriend. The rest of the football team was standing around them, laughing and chilling.

I wish I had friends like that.

-Smitty's POV-

As I walked around the back of the school, taking my 'scenic' route to the front, I passed by a few people. A tall, thin, dark haired man was sitting under a tree, laughing with his best friend. I knew who they were, but didn't talk to them. I passed by a few other people, people I recognized but I still didn't talk to. As I walked I fidgeted with the ends of my flannels sleeve, keeping my eyes up just enough so I wouldn't bump into anything.

I walked around the corner and saw the mass of people lingering around. The football and rugby teams near the fountain was the bigger mass, but the little pods of people that formed a collective of people around Clayton and John was a close second. I rolled my eyes and sighed as I tried to find a way around the people, but the only way to get to the steps was through the group.

I slowly made my way through the group, trying to make the least bit of eye contact. I eventually found my way more toward the front of the group, after passing this super tall kid who I knew to be named Tyler, and another students next to him. As a I emerged from the group, I looked to the stairs, finding them empty thank god. I began to walk with a little more confidence, lifting my head and looking around. A smile was playing at my lips, but the good feeling didn't last long. I felt someone looking at me and caught the gaze of Clayton Evans. He sneered and glared at me, silently judging me.

I broke eye contact and put my head down, hearing John's laughter and him talking to the crowd. I turned around and looked on to the group of eager kids, waiting in anticipation for the 'show' to start. I scoffed at the idiots, despising them. Slowly but surely, the rugby team began to drift toward the other mass. I looked over and saw the all-star and his friend smiling as the teams walked away. I caught Brock give Brian a small peck on the cheek, and I smiled at them. If I wasn't such a social outcast, I could have been friends with them if I tried.

I wish I had friends like them.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Whaaaaaaaat is this? It's a thing. Chapter two is done and under editing, so you should get it soon!!

ESKETTIT (⊙ω⊙)