Chapter Three

-Smitty's POV-

I stared at John. "Wh-what?" I was too busy looking at his room, and him, that I didn't realize he'd said anything. He sighed, "I said, are you gonna sit down or...? You don't have to stand there the whole time." He stared at me blankly, and continued to scroll through his phone. "Uh-uhmm." I shifted from foot to foot awkwardly. He scoffed and laughed. "Dude I'm not gonna bite you. Just sit down, you're making me feel like a bad host." I looked at him again, making eye contact. I felt my face heat up as I walked over and carefully sat down on the edge of his bed. "Okay, so I was going through twitter and I found a word we could use. It's a phobia and I think that if we use a word like this, we may left some people spirits, knowing that it's common." He looked to me and I just simply nodded, trying not to act so awkward. "So what's the word?"

"Philophobia. It means the fear of love, or being loved. It's very common, especially in young adolescents like ourselves. It's the fear of emotional attachment, sorta like when you get a fish and you don't want to name it so you don't get too attached, because you know it won't last long." Relief instantly fled through me. "I thought it was gonna be like- 'Fear of Canadians' or some shit. It's a good word, but why Philophobia? Why not, like, Alektrorophobia?" John looked at me and laughed. "Yeah because the fear of chickens is sooooooo relatable." I blushed. I didn't think he knew what that meant. 

"My mom did a paper on different phobias, common or not. I'm pretty well educated on phobias." He smirked. The cocky bitch. It reminded me why I hated him, but after talking to him in class I hated him less. "Okay, shall we get started then? We don't have to do it all, but we can get a good start." He nodded and hummed in agreement getting up, grabbing his laptop and a small black box. "What's the box for?" "Bluetooth speaker. Got any song requests?" I looked down at my lap and thought for a bit. "Uh.. Cinema by Skrillex?" He smiled and began to play the song as we worked.

After about twenty, maybe thirty minutes of working, we'd almost finished and John's dad had come back with pizza. We went downstairs to eat, and John skipped the last three stairs grabbing two paper plates, stacking three slices of pepperoni pizza on one, and handing me the other one. I looked at the counter. Three large pizzas? Do they think I eat like John? I grabbed the smallest slice of cheese, and stood next to John. I picked at the slice, and John looked at me. "Eat. This is the best pizza place around, you won't be able to eat any other pizza after this."

I smiled and still just nibbled at the pizza. He scoffed and smiled, rolling his eyes. He'd already finished a slice and a half, and I'd barely made a dent in mine. I looked at him stuffing pizza into his mouth, and started to giggle. "What?" He asked through a mouthful of pizza. "You look so stupid!! You're not a turkey! You don't have to stuff your face, John!" I giggled more and his face had a light pink tint to it. He swallowed his pizza. "I'm sorry, it's rude to host like this. I'm sorry."

-John's POV-

He smiled as I apologized. His face was red from laughter and he could barely speak. "John, it's fine dude. I just mean, it's not like we're gonna run out of pizza anytime soon!" He gestured to the three pizza boxes. I blushed and I could feel the warmth on my face and ears. "O-oh. But you really should eat. You're not leaving until you eat a whole slice." He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. "Is that so?" I set my plate down and grabbed his, setting it down too. I grabbed him and sat him down in a chair, grabbing his plate. "It is so. I will force feed you if I have too."

He looked at me wide eyed and then began to laugh. "You think you can do that, eh? Doubt it." He was grabbing his sides from laughing the began to calm down. I stared at him with a blank face, holding out his plate. He grabbed it and took a miniscule bite out of the slice and I rolled my eyes. "You clearly wanna stay at my house." I crossed my arms and smirked. He looked at me. "Wait you weren't kidding?" I shook my head. "Nope."

After about five minutes, Smitty had finished the slice of pizza, and we began to go back to my room. We got upstairs and continued working on our project. After a while, Smitty looked to me. "Why... Why do you hang out with him?" I was confused at first, then got the memo. "Who Clayton?" He nodded. "I mean, I've known him practically all my life- and we had a lot in common." "Had?" "Well yeah, he's changed a bit, but I'm not good at making friends." He rolled his eyes. "What?" "John. Everyone in the school would love to be your friend. You have the whole school talk about you. They basically worship you and Clayton." 

I looked down. "They worship Clayton, not me. He's the handsome one, the bad boy, he has girls and guys all over him. We don't even talk about much anymore..." Smitty clicked his tongue. "Bad boy? More like fuckboi. He's a jackass to anyone who doesn't adore him. I hate him, and his clique." I looked at the brunette. "That include me?" I said, anger lacing my voice. "It did, and I'll be honest. For the time I've been at school, the only thing I liked about you was your wardrobe. But I knew John, the king of the school, who I thought to be a huge asshole, and a total dick. Now I know John Keyes, who is a pretty neat dude, and the closest thing I've had to a friend since I moved.

I couldn't speak. Was I honestly conceived as that? A total dickhead? I looked at his shoes, studying every stitch until he spoke again.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
So like, most of the stuff in this book has in fact, happened to me. For example, I hated this one dude so much, we got stuck together for a project and the next day we talked like we were best friends.

And I have actually tried to force feed my friend pizza.

But yeah, this chapter had around the same amount of words as the first one. Tell me what you think so far!

ESKETTIT (⊙ω⊙)