Thomas~ Sick

You wake up in the middle of the night your stomach rolling. You gasp and quickly get out of bed and just make it outside the homestead before you unceremoniously throw up. You groan and whimper before throwing up again. You hate getting sick.

"Y/n? You out here?"

Thomas. You think. "Yeah," You call weakly. Thomas is your amazing boyfriend. He listens to you and gives you great advise, he comforts you when you're down, and he's also your running partner so you two have fought off grievers together. All in all, he's perfect.

"Y/n what are you... oh."

You feel achy and gross. You don't answer because you feel like if you open your mouth you're going to be sick again.

"Do you want me to get a medjack?" Thomas asks worriedly.

You nod your head as you throw up again. You wait a few minutes before Thomas comes back with Jeff.

"Hey Y/n. Thomas tells me you're not feeling well," he says while feeling your forehead. "What's wrong?"

"I'm throwing up, slinthead," you say weakly.

"Yeah, I can see that," he says drily. "You also have a fever. What other symptoms do you have?"

"I'm achy and my head... oh no!" You moan and throw up yet again.

"It's ok Y/n," Thomas says soothingly while holding your hair and rubbing your back.

"Thanks," you whisper and continue to answer Jeff's question. "And my head hurts."

"Well from what I can tell you have the flu," Jeff says concerned. "You should get back to your room and rest and I can bring an bucket for you to use when you need it."

"Thanks," you whisper barely opening your mouth. You begin to get up but before you you're fully on your feet Thomas swoops you up and carries you up the stairs to your room. He gently places you on your bed and leaves without saying a word. Weird you think but shake it off. Jeff comes in just in time for you to use the bucket and after making sure you're alright, he leaves to go get his own much needed sleep. You sigh to yourself and try to get comfortable to sleep in an upright position, afraid that if you lay down you'll throw up. Just then Thomas comes in carrying his sleeping bag and pillow.

"Thomas, what are you doing?" You ask shivering.

"I'm sleeping in here with you tonight. You're not in any shape to be by yourself," he stated matter of factly. "Oh! I forgot something. I'll be right back," he says and rushes out of the room.

You smile and then frown as you throw up into the bucket. "Ugh," you moan.

"I'm back!" He calls carrying an extra fuzzy blanket with him.

"Where'd you get that?" You ask surprised.

"I asked for it," he says cheekily and you give a small laugh.

"Great," you say.

"I got it for you for our one year anniversary in a few days but I think you need it now," he says sweetly.

"Aw thank..." you throw up again, "you."

Thomas again holds your hair for you and rubs your back. "Here you're shivering. Put this blanket around your shoulders while I get comfortable on the floor."

You nod gratefully and try to get comfortable in your up right position. "Aren't you going to lay down?" Thomas asks looking at you.

"I'm afraid if I do I'll be sick again."

"Do you want me to sit by you on the bed?" Thomas asks worriedly. "You can lean on me and that might be a bit better and more comfortable."

You smile softly and nod your head. "Sure."

He climbs into bed, pulls the blanket around both of your shoulders, and then pulls you gently against him. "Is this ok?" He whispers. And you nod contently snuggling into his side.

---

It's two o'clock in the morning and you have thrown up multiple times. "Thomas?" You ask.

"Hmm?" He answers.

"Can you tell me a story?"

"Sure. Hang on, let me think of one." He pauses for a minute and then says, "Ok I got one! Once upon a time there was a girl named Cinderella."

"Cinderella?" You ask. "What kind of a name is that?"

"I don't know but this is my story and the girl's name is going to be Cinderella. Now no more interruptions. Anyway, she had an evil stepmother and two evil stepsisters. They made Cinderella do everything from cleaning the house to serving them their breakfast, lunch, and dinners. It was early in the morning and she was getting breakfast ready for her family when she heard the doorbell. 'Cinderella!' Her stepmother called. 'Get the door!' 'Yes stepmother,' she replied obediently. It was a steward from the castle. He handed her a letter from the king saying that the prince was to be wed and all the eligible girls in the kingdom were to come and have a chance to win the princes hand. So obviously the stepsisters were very excited wanted to go. Cinderella wanted to go too but her stepmother wouldn't buy her a dress like her daughters. She said she had to make her own. So Cinderella did with the help of her talking mice friends and when it was time to go she rushed downstairs in a pretty pink dress and declared she was ready to go. But her stepsisters over come by jealousy by her beauty tore her dress and then laughed their way into the carriage. Cinderella over come by grief ran into the garden and wept. But all of a sudden a bright light flashed and her fairy godmother appeared and gave her a new beautiful blue dress, a carriage, and beautiful glass slippers and sent her off to the ball. Her only warning was that the spell wore off at midnight. She met the prince danced the night away so much that she forgot the time. When the bells started chiming she realized her mistake and ran to the carriage but in the process lost one of her shoes. She just made it back before everything disappeared. Her fairy godmother let her keep her other glass slipper. Anyway long story short, the prince found her using her shoe (he tested it on everyone until it finally fit her) and they lived happily ever after. Did you like the story?" He asked sweetly.

"Yes it was beautiful," you smile. "Thank you."

"Can I get a thank you kiss?" Thomas asks grinning mischievously.

"Well my mouth tastes bad..." you answer uncertainly.

His smile turns tender and he says, "I won't mind, sweetheart."

And so you lean forward and kiss Thomas with all the love you have for him.

Hi everyone! Hope you liked the story. Please comment about an idea you want me to write and I'll be honored to write it for you. Thanks!
-Christina
(1125 words)